This Phoenix heat is killing me. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

This Phoenix heat is killing me.

The heat here in Phoenix is getting tough to take even though I have lived here for 26 years. I was in the garage looking at installing my stereo and said bag it, the pool looks better. Last night I had a dream about Jeepin in the snow. I took my son out to a local gravel pit about 9pm tonight, after two climbs he said "daddy lets go home, I'm sweating".

I guess I am going to have to get the ac hooked up soon. Either that or buy a summer home{wink}. (yea , and if I could afford to do that my signature line would be a lot longer)

I suppose I shouldn't complain. We do have some of the best wheelin in the country. And We can do it for 9 months out of the year.

BigHG
84 CJ7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 08:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: This Phoenix heat is killing me.

Yep!! That's the temperatures. You can get 120-125' F and that's just in the shade!! As for getting a "summer home"!? Can we start calling you snowbird? lol

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 08:38 AM
Keyboard Implanted

If you are looking for a sumer home to escape the heat, don't come to Minnesota! For the last week it has been in the mid to upper 90's here with dew points in the upper 70's. That works out to humidity in the upper 90% range. When I would leave for work in the morning (9:00 am) it waould be 85 degrees and you already could hardly breath! It's supposed to be in the 70's today (and the rest of the week) so I can finaly get out to the garage and get crackin' on the CJ![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo,It's Orange! Now I just have to put it all back together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 10:32 AM
sas87yj

HG-
yeah and hot in tucson as well!
i just finished a clutch job in the garage. i have cross ventilation and that's it. have a thermometer on wall and it was 103 in there yesterday. it didn't bother me though. just glad to be in the shade with concrete floor and no wind. whenever the tough gets going i just reflect on worse conditions that i have had before. yeah i havn't wheeled anywhwre local lately- too hot. i like to hang out in the florence area ie box and martinez cyns but they will have to wait till oct to see me again. am going up high for the 4th. colorado is calling me!

steve
87yj,6cly,5spd,NP231,4.5"RE susp,1" body,SYE,CV,32x11.50MTR's,D30,D35posi
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 10:55 AM

You probably don't want to hear about Flagstaff right now, huh?

'86 CJ-7, 360, TFI, 727, OEM Dana 44 rear w/Truetrac, Dana 30 w/Powertrax No-Slip, 4" Superlift, 4:11s, Warn HS9500i
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 11:45 AM
BMF

What are you talking about I think it's going to get into the high 80's this week in Flagstaff. Phoenix and Tucson's weather does suck but I spent about 21 years in Yuma, now that's some hot and sticky weather.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 12:05 PM
jsmith

I grew up in Phoenix, and I definately don't miss the heat. It has been pretty warm here in Prescott the past few days, upper 90's, but I won't complain.

Uh... Is that suppose to look like that?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 12:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Fricken Hot!

I just got through putting the body back on my CJ7 and my tshirt was soaked after 10 minutes. October cant get here soon enough... and when it does I'll be wheelin every weekend.

For those of you who might not know about it...

http://www.azvjc.org is the biggest Jeep club in the state with over 600+ Jeepers.... and it's free!

Also make sure to sign up for our email group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

Regards,
LarryM

post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 04:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Colorado hasnt been any better.
Been in the mid 90's for all of June, minus one day the first week when it snowed. Been over 100 4 times this month and was 102 yesterday, 95 right now. Too hot to even ride around in the jeep.

cjcrawler
"The Beast"
74CJ,304,D20w/Tera Low 3.15:1, dana30&44wlockrights,fullcage,woods'shafts, 33" BFG MT's
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 09:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know that this is not equal to air conditioning but when it gets real hot and I'm driving I carry a spray bottle and spray water on my self it makes it some what cooler for a while then it's time for another spray.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode