CO Jeepers. Imogine Pass open? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

CO Jeepers. Imogine Pass open?

My "Jeep Chick Trainee" and I are planning a trip from Ouray to Telluride to watch the fireworks next week.
Anyone know for sure if Imogine Pass is open or still snowed in ???
We didn't get THAT much snow this winter.
But a local told me this morning that I'd better check to make sure ...

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 11:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: CO Jeepers. Imogine Pass open?

John,
Here's a website with Colorado pass accessibility reports. It's not updated often enough though. Looking at it now Imogene hasn't been updated since 5/31, but they do list the phone number for the forest district office there in Montrose. http://bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

'75 CJ5,258 w/Howell EFI,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Skip-

That's a really good info site for anyone Jeep'in in Colorado ...
Thanks so much!

JAF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 07:58 PM
sas87yj

well looks like imogene is closed. ophir looks good. maybe we will cross paths this time? didn't get to meet you in moab..... i am going there over the big 5 day 4th july. i will keep an eye out for a blue cj without a hood? and maybe some scars from potatoe salad or hell's revenge?

http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_u...Conditions.htm

steve
87yj,6cly,5spd,NP231,4.5"RE susp,1" body,SYE,CV,32x11.50MTR's,D30,D35posi
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Stay tuned for Jacque\'s Imogine adventure ...

Steve-
I called the Ouray branch of the Forest Service yesterday morning and was told Imogine is OPEN!
We are staying overnight of the 4th after watching the fireworks with a friend who owns the "Hell Bent for Leather" store in the middle of Telluride.
And Jacque and I will depart there in the early afternoon of the 5th.
Sooo ... yep, keep a look out for us. The "Princess" is sporting darker blue half hard doors and I put a black hard top on her plus a set of big wide black flairs in case of rain... ... and no hood of course!
Check in at that store when you get there and maybe we can have some lunch together.
I told Jacque that the whole gang here will expect to read a story of this adventure, our first non-tow bar road trip.
She's already got me laughing .... I said "Honey, how long do you think it will take us to get to Ouray?" and she replied "Well, its an hour to Durango and an hour to Silverton plus another hour to Ouray so I guess it will take four hours."
"FOUR HOURS!" exclaimed I. How did you get the extra hour?"
"Well, she replied" We are going to be in a slow Jeep."
My face almost cracked from the expression I made on hearing that!
"SLOW JEEP, I exclaimed. "SLOW JEEP!!!"
Well, this will be an interesting experience .... she's never been in the CJ on the highway.
Stay tuned ... we'll see how my locked rear end and AT's do on a slick snow packed 14,000 food mountian pass ... I can see the look of terror in her eyes right now!!!

JAF
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 05:01 PM
sas87yj

Re: Stay tuned for Jacque\'s Imogine adventure ...

jaffer-
my wife and i along with our two dogs- a springer and a cocker no less.......... will be leaving early wed morn for williams to see my parents. they travel to cool climate in summer and stay usually in parker in winter. they are considering coming along with their nissan 4wd. my dad was born in colorado springs and knows all the passes, well a lot i'm sure. we won't be getting into the teluride area till thurs afternoon. don't know what trips we will be taking- just will play it out as it happens! we will drive jeep all the way- did same to moab. i still have stock gears and can still go fast enough- 65 good for me in a jeep. the 6 cyl will crank out faster but i'm not into speed with the jeep! we pack a large tent and down bags. don't cook except coffee in the morning. about 650 miles tucson to teluride roughly. no ac so will get through phoenix early! was 115 degrees there yesterday and 111 in tucson. yeah i will keep an eye out for you but again it looks like we will miss each other! thanks for the lunch invite! bet your friends have some real nice leather goods! do you have a trading post and where is it? my dad has bought a lot of indian crafts ie rugs, jewelry, pottery and baskets from all over and re-sold at his resort in death valley and then later he had a shop in ridgecrest, ca. he shopped at trading post wholesale and directly from the indian at their homes. helen naja made some fantastic hopi pottery for him.

steve
87yj,6cly,5spd,NP231,4.5"RE susp,1" body,SYE,CV,32x11.50MTR's,D30,D35posi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode