Off Roading Forums banner

L.I. in search of an experienced fabricator

376 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
im on long island and looking for a good reliable fabricator to make new frame and body mounts on my 81 scrambler. the frame is most important, the body will be scrapped in the near future for fiberglass, so that just has to get me through the summer. i would hate to just pick someone out of the phone book..any info please..thank you

keepin' it real

#2 ·
I found a guy in Selden that does welding out of his garage. I actually graduated from high school with him 13 years ago, and he's a real good guy. He has a mobile welding truck, and spent many years building race chassis. I believe he's in the book under welding, something like 1-631-585-WELD (Bill). He already welded two pieces on my Jeep for me. Above all, he's reasonable and did all the work on a Saturday for me.

G
#3 ·
I know a guy in Westbury. He owns the Goodyear on Old Country Road in Westbury. He also belongs to the Long Island Off-Road club so he has a lot of experience with Jeeps. I also heard about a place in Bohemia called RMS that specializes in off-road/trucks/jeeps but I don't know thew address. There is also a place called The Truck Stop in Suffolk, again I don't have the address or know the number for this place.

The phone number for Evan at Goodyear is on my web page: [urlwww.conigli.homepage.com/Jeep.html[/url]

He welded two of my body mounts and some tow hooks onto my CJ.

Hope this helps.

Cinquej@remltd.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.