We all knew it would happen sooner or later - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

We all knew it would happen sooner or later

Yes, it happened to me today. I got a Jeep-wave from a Liberty! Cute, bubbly little girl behind the wheel, window sticker still up, obviously just picked it up from the dealer. She was so excited and enthusiastic, I didn't have the heart to burst her bubble. I waved back, heck, maybe I was her first. Poor kid.

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 02:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: We all knew it would happen sooner or later

Well now this opens an interesting topic. Do we wave to a Liberty at all, or only when there is a little cutie behind the wheel, as was the case with bluesman here? Myself, I'm just not sure that I will be able to wave in good conscious with some Yuppie behind the wheel thinking he is now a jeeper because his RAV4/CRV/KIA says Jeep on it. Wow! A major quandry has fallen upon us this day.

LOL;-)

G-Man
If you don't like the way I'm living, you can just leave this long-haired country boy alone.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 03:17 PM
Addict

I think it still will be up to the individual's discretion. Based on what I've seen on the board, most of us will wave to any SWB Jeep. However, I have a friend who will not wave to anyone in a YJ or TJ. He doesn't even want to know about anything built after 1986. So I think it will allways be up to the individual as to who they wave to, despite what the rule book says. I wave to almost all SWB Jeeps.

'86 'glass CJ7, 33x12.5 BFG AT's 258, T5, D44
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

SWB is SWB. I'll wave at any pre-86, YJ, TJ, Modified XJ, hell I've even waved at some nice ZJ's. I guess I'm just a wave-slut. I'll wave at just about anything. I reckon if them Liberty owners ponys-up a wave, I'd return it.

Life is too short, and I've found that folks aren't terribly picky as to what's on the other end of the strap when they need help. I know I'm not. What goes around, comes around.

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 03:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't think it will be much of a problem. How many Liberty owners will actually know of and abide by the Jeep wave?

On another note, has anyone seen the liberty commercial they're playing at the movie theaters - "there's only one mother, there's only one past.....?" All I could think was "Oh Brother."

canis
'82 CJ-7/360/727/D300/cobra, M.O.R.E. shackles, 1/2" steel bumper, 1" body lift and lots of ideas!

'96 ZJ - 4.0L/42re/np242/optima/cobra and other goodies
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 04:06 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

You guys really have to get over this Liberty thing. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

It provides more money into the company that builds the Jeeps that *we* like. (Do you all know that they sell a Jeep bicycle in some of these catalogs? How bizarre is that?)

It's bound to provide something cool for us to swap onto our jeeps - seats, rims, lights, flares, etc.

It may even give us something to talk about with that cutie if we were to meet her in our neighborhood pub! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Now that's really what's important here. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

88 YJ - trails/beach trips only![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
79 4WD F250-hauler/tower of my toys
70 Jaguar E-type - the best car England ever made. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
90 Honda CRX - Daily pavement-pounder. 42 MPG. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 04:08 PM
Can't Get Enough

sorry, as long as the wifes not with me (yeah, yeah, i'm whooped) i'll wave at any cutie even if shes driving a horse and buggy.....

82 Scrambler/360/T5/D300/4" SUA/AMC20/Rear Discs/Somers Bros Axles/D30/3:73's/Lockrite Lockers.
2001 Bare Stock Trendy Jeep Sport (everyday driver)
Smithville, Texas
Member TX4X4 Cyber Club
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 04:11 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

There! Now that's the spirit Kerry! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] When we're around the campfire, it's all about the IFS. In the real world, it's all about the cutie behind the wheel. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

88 YJ - trails/beach trips only![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
79 4WD F250-hauler/tower of my toys
70 Jaguar E-type - the best car England ever made. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
90 Honda CRX - Daily pavement-pounder. 42 MPG. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 04:15 PM
Addict

I'm with ya Pete.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

'86 'glass CJ7, 33x12.5 BFG AT's 258, T5, D44
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 04:26 PM

I know I am going to get allot of hate mail for this but, I think they stopped building JEEP's in 1986, now they build Dodge vehicles with the JEEP name on it!!!

Rodney C
1985 CJ7,302 V8,T18,D20,SOA,Shackles Reversed, 35" BFG AT's, Fiberglass Tub & Front End...
1990 Samurai,87 drive line,SOA+2.5" Add-A-Leaf,4.16's,5.12's,33" BFG's Mud's,Pony Carb...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode