Jeep Wave - Alive and Well! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 12:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jeep Wave - Alive and Well!

I noticed a post a few weeks back where someone was complaining about snobs in their Jeeps were not waving to him.

A few days ago I had to go to my brother-in-law's house and on my way back (about a 5 mile trip) driving my 85 CJ7, I saw 8 other CJ's and Wranglers and ALL of them waved to me. And of course I waved back. It was a beautiful day, temp in the 80's and low humidity. All of the vehicles had the tops off, or windows out, etc. I guess they were all in a good mood.

So, the "Jeep Wave" is still alive and well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 02:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Jeep Wave - Alive and Well!

yea.....gotta wave.....i always feel like a jackass when im distracted and dont notice a wave.......though i usually wave first if im paying attention....i dont follow the "rules" of waving only to superior jeeps.....thats just retarded....i wave to all jeeps

<font color=red>Jeep'n Greg</font color=red>

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 03:29 PM

For some reason or another..chicks in jeeps never wave back to me..or don't even notice me driving the jeep by [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
I mean even one's in lifted yj's and such..and I think i've seen some in cj's.
Its probably their husband's ride

Its four wheel drive and naked women what more do you want?
-Dirt Dog
SWB BBS Member Page!(exclamation)
http://www.shortwheelbase.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 03:51 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I just hate when i am in my pick-up driving around. I see all kinds of jeeps, sometimes i wave and each received with a "What the fu$%" stare. When i drive my jeep i try to wave at all jeepers in my path.

Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 05:02 PM
Veteran

I did notice over my past seven weeks up in the Quantico area that the wave was alive and well. Now down here in Albany, Ga, that's a different story.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.<font color=black>
Semper Jeep
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 05:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Joey-i get the same thing! Jeep chicks almost never wave back at me. i think its just because theyre so intimidated by us Jeep guys that they dont feel they're worthy to wave. or maybe they just think were dorks...i dunno...whatever.

It's not a CAR, it's not a TRUCK...its a JEEP-get it right.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 06:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Up here in the Great White North,{Halifax,Nova Scotia}, most everybody waves to me that are in cj's,yj's, but more chicks wave than guys do in tj's. Don't get me wrong, I ain't complain'n, just kinda wierd, thought I'd pass it on

Shannon
78cj5 4.2
t176,dana300

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 07:02 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Hey Deadeye,

I started the post you're talking about and I wasn't complaining about not being waved at. You must have missed the point...it all about what makes a jeeper? Its not the wave, nor the ride, its how they feel being in a Jeep or owning one.

I get waves from fellow Bimmer owners while driving it as much as I do from Jeepers when in my Jeep, but I consider myself a Jeeper as it brings me more happiness than the Bimmer.

As to waving, I find it amazing how many times someone in a brand new TJ (or KJ) waves at my old Jeep and how their faces glow when I wave back. That is the joy of the wave, not "proving" you're a Jeeper, but voluntarily sharing with a stranger your love for the freedom of a Jeep.

Fritz

Jeep...need I say more?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 07:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thought I'd let you know the Jeep wave is alive and well down under. Jeeps are so rare though, I usually get waved over to chat. Guys rave on and on about how great it is to see a cool jeep and usally the hood gets lifted for the full inspection etc etc. Chicks sort of giggle and go all shy unless they happen to be in a jeep (most often a TJ with a car bra). I always wave first.

I'll go first!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 09:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

This is an interesting subject. Whenever I drive my YJ Wrangler the waves are 75% of the time from other Jeepers However when I cruise in my '75 CJ-5 Waves are 100% and most everytime someone stops me to ask about my CJ.

The funny thing is that the majority of TJ's I've seen seen lately are driven by grandmothers. You see more and more senior citizens driving TJ's in this tourist town.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode