Off Roading Forums banner

CJ padded dash

899 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Jay Anger 
#1 ·
How much is a factory original padded dash for a CJ worth? It is in good but not perfect shape. I.e.; all the black coating and padding is there, but it is not in mint condition. I had an offer on it tonight, but declined until I get some input from you all.

TIA

Liberals don't mind being lied to . . . they just want to be lied to by someone they trust!

#3 ·
Greg, did you get the screws that are accessed by folding the windshield down? I chased that one around for a week before someone on this board answered my question (about five minutes after I posted it). Just a thought, hope it helps!

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
1999 Dakota 4x4
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifo[[[[o

G
#6 ·
I took mine off a few years ago. If I remember correctly you need to put the windshield down and remove screws there as well as in the dash. I also remember that being in the same spot for 15 years it took some shakeing to "break" the connection. I guess rust and other crud can hold it in it's spot a little.

'83 CJ7 258 i6 31x10.5 3in. lift? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

#7 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif Well Greg, thanks for the "really on topic" reply! I was getting worried there for a little bit! /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

So, do you think $40 is a fair price for one that is in good shape like I described above? I'm not looking for top dollar for it, but I don't want to "give" it away either!

TA!

Liberals don't mind being lied to . . . they just want to be lied to by someone they trust!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.