Off Roading Forums banner

dana 20 yoke and scout 44 yoke same? different?

699 views 1 reply 0 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Hey there,

I recently bought new yokes for my CJ7. Ubolt type. I am putting in a scout d44 rear this week and was wondering (i haven't checked) if they are the same yoke or not. Thanks.

1997 TJ w/ 33's & 1984 CJ7 V8/35's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/

G
#2 ·
Dana 30, Dana 44, Dana 300, and Dana 20 share the same yoke. (This info is printed on the Dana-Spicer label, on the box that the yoke, p/n 248091, comes in.) And, I wonder if you really mean 'Dana 20'. Could you mean AMC-20? (Obviously, Dana 20 is a transfer-case, used mostly in the 1970's, and could apply to a CJ-7. And, and AMC-20 is the rear axle, used 76-86.) If you are talking about the corporate axle, I dunno, but, I doubt the yokes are common. I'm sure someone knows, and will speak up on this.
Obviously, if you are talking about your 84 CJ-7, and, if the transfer-case is still the stock Dana 300, just take a look at the yokes or the boxes that your yokes came in. If they are both the same part (248091), then, yes, they fit both the Dana 300, and the model 44 from the Scout. And, if you have one of these yokes on an AMC-20 axle, this addresses my uncertainty about the yoke fitting the '20'.

bobH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.