Wanna go wheeling this Sunday? Pensacola, FLorida - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 02:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wanna go wheeling this Sunday? Pensacola, FLorida

We are getting a group to go wheeling this Sunday. Wanna go? We plan on meeting about 9am At Austin's Auto Accessories in Gulf Breeze, Florida. From there we will go to Eglin. We can meet people at Hwy 87 and 213 after 9am, if that is easier for you. We are getting our passes tomorrow. They are $5. We will need your driver license if you want us to pick up a pass for you. Getting a pass is your choice, but you are supposed to have one. Either post here or preferrably call 850-916-7100. I will be at this number until 6pm central time. Later, Casey

<font color=red>Austin's Auto Accessories, LLC
5205 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, Florida 32561
Ph.# 850-916-7100 </font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 07:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Wanna go wheeling this Sunday? Pensacola, FLorida

What is 87 and 213 near? Is that in Fort Walton, or up near I-10?

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green> & <font color=blue>'88 Grand Waggie</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 07:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's not too far from the interstate. You will get off I-10 onto Highway 87 and turn South. I'm not sure how far it is to 213 from the interstae, but I'll say under 10 miles. 213 will be on your left. If you go too far you will come out on 98 in Navarre, so you will know to turn around. Do you want to go? If so, tell me where you are coming from and I'll give you better directions.

5205 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 09:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yea, I would like to go. But one thing, I don't got 4x4. I got it, but I got to crawl under to shift(no shift lever). Real pain, had to do it once....so until I get off my butt and decide what I am going to do I won't take the YJ.

I, however, would still like to go. Do you have a co-pilot? Maybe a good wheeling experience will get me motivated.

Jason

<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green> & <font color=blue>'88 Grand Waggie</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 04:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That's no big deal, once we get on the trail, just leave it in 4-wheel. Come down no matter, I'm sure there will be someone to ride with. But I think you should say screw it and bring you Jeep. It's gonna be a blast! We plan on going all the way across Eglin. Let me know.

5205 Gulf Breeze Parkway
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 04:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If anybody else wants to go....post here soon. Or call me at 850-916-7100. I'll be at that number until 6pm Central time or call Saturday 10am-3pm, ask for David or Brady if you call tomorrow. Ask for Casey (me) if you call today. Later, Casey

5205 Gulf Breeze Parkway
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 06:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK, I'm in. What do you need to get me a pass? Just my drivers licence number(it is a AL #)? I would prefer to give it to you over the phone, can you email me your phone # away from work? I'll go get a trailer and pull it down with my Grand Waggie.

Give me some better directions too, please. See ya'll there.

Jason

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 05:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cool, go to Yahoo.com and get one of those maps. Do it from your address to the Shopp address which is 5205 Gulf Breeze Pkwy, Gulf Breeze, Florida, 32561 (It's also in my signature, I think). Be there by 9am Sunday morning. We will be departing by 9:20am. If you want to get there earlier that's cool, I'll probably be there at 7:30am. I've got a little work to do to my Jeep in the moring. Hope to see you there.
P.S. If you know how to get to Pensaclola Beach.....go that way but don't turn off to go to the beach....stay on Hwy 98.....be looking for the Wal-Mart on the right.....the shop is about 3 to 4 miles past Wal-Mart on the right (South side). Look for the Austin's Auto Accessories sign. There is a rock pile in the front yard and the building sits back from the road.

5205 Gulf Breeze Parkway
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 10:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'll meet you there about 8:30. I know that I can't bring the YJ now though. I was out testing everything for clearnace and blew a bead on the drivers front tire...no where to get it put back on[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. 6 psi is way to low for MTR's. Busted out on a log, was down in a creek bottom, climbing my way out when I hit it and boom there it went. Limped home, just picked the front end up with the tractor and some chain(not to mention the straps from the axle to the frame).

Good news is I found out that I only had 2 bolts holding my winch on. Went to Lowes tonight and got some grade 8 stuff and some lock nuts...so that will never happen again. I was lucky that I didn't get stuck in that creek or the edge of the swamp that I first went through, b/c I didn't check the bolts on the winch until I got back up to the house.

Oh, well I have something to do on Monday...besides work, now[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img].

See you there. I'll bring the digital camera and get some pics.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode