Round Headlight Conversion kit? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 01:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Round Headlight Conversion kit?

Hello,
I have a '95 Jeep Wrangler, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a conversion kit to make my headlights look like the 'real style'. I'm kinda sick of rectangle headlights, and want a 'real jeep' look.

Any help would be appreciated.

0|||||||0

Thanks!
Brian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 01:47 PM
Old Hand

Re: Round Headlight Conversion kit?

I'm pretty sure nobody makes one. I was considering having a kit made and then the '97s came out.

You can get a CJ (or TJ if you like it better) hood, grill, and fenders and put it on your YJ. You can usually get those parts for a couple hundred dollars, but then you would need to paint to match.

I'm just waiting for H8 to do it......it's just a matter of time.

-raymo
4.6 Stroker Scrambler
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 01:49 PM
Way Outta Control

Yes there is a kit made in Australia. I'll have to dig through my records to see if I can find any information about it. I've a picture some where of a YJ with the kit installed. I'll modify this post when I find it.

OK... here is all the information I have: Go <font color=red>HERE</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 01:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the post. I'm assuming that the Hood fenders, and front end off of a CJ should bolt right up without a lot of hassle. I would rather just have a front grill though.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 01:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm interested too LEVE. I've thought of doing the same thing for quite a while. I assume the Aussie kit is a direct replacement grill for the YJ with round headlight mounts instead of the stock rectangular ones.

Thanks

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 02:02 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SQUARE HEADLIGHTS?! Face it, they're cool! You guys are just jealous that every other Jeep has round ones. I have to agree that MOST of the best things in life are round. But the YJ is THE exception! As far as H8 converting to round, I swear to god I will drive to where ever he's living at currently and paint square's ALL OVER HIS YJ![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]Eat, Sleep, JEEP[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44 w/Detroits and 4.56 soon to go in SOA
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 02:10 PM
Can't Get Enough

LMAO, I surprised it took that many posts before one of the square supporters stood up and hollered [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I don't have a YJ, but I think they look alright with the square lights, dare to be different [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img], be prepared for the YJ guys to come out of the woodwork....

82 Scrambler/360/T5/D300/4" SUA/AMC20/Rear Discs/Somers Bros Axles/D30/3:73's/Lockrite Lockers.
2001 Bare Stock Trendy Jeep Sport (everyday driver)
Smithville, Texas
Member TX4X4 Cyber Club
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 02:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, its not like YJs are the only Jeeps ever made with those rectangular lights:
Cherokees, Wagoneers, J10s, Commanches, (maybe some others) all had/have 'em.
So, instead of looking to fix the cosmetics and fit some silly notion of what is a Jeep, get a roll-cage or some other piece of hardware that really matters!

P.S. Jeff (H8) is right - square is more agressive - even my little stock (mostly) YJ looks pretty good from the front - see attached.

<font color=blue>94 YJ [__] | | | | | | [__]</font color=blue>
4.0L, 5 speed, 30x9.5 BFG ATs, K&N air filter, tow-hooks, still working...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-466537-front.JPG (24.1 KB, 3 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 02:57 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

If you search the archives here, you will find that the CJ grille and hood can be mounted to a YJ - you don't need CJ fenders. I've seen this in person.

You will need a new radiator too.

Pete

88 YJ - trails/beach trips only![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
79 4WD F250-hauler/tower of my toys
70 Jaguar E-type - the best car England ever made. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
90 Honda CRX - Daily pavement-pounder. 42 MPG. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 04:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Fibertech has a part # for a round headlight version of the 87-95 Wrangler front end. In spite of my attepts to contact them, I cant get any info on the item. So, I dont know if it looks like the CJ or TJ. I dont know what the price is either(they sure make it easy to buy the damn thing).

Heres a link www.fibertechind.com/products/1pchood.html

Please keep us posted if you manage to find anything. Also, I remember seeing a one-peice TJ front end when the TJ's first came out. The company was running ads in the back of some of the 4X4 mags.....anyone have any info on these?

Bye the way, I like my square headlight Wrangler but, in case you havnt guessed, I wouldnt mind getting back to the round headlights.

Holy sh*t thats a long way down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode