We need a new Tech. Page!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 01:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We need a new Tech. Page!!!!!

OK, Iíve spent months researching the Ĺ million posts on this board about lifts. So we donít have to read this over and over again, why donít we setup a new tech page about this. We should rate all the lifts on a scale of 1-10 and give the pros and cons about them.

IE : Explorer Pro Comp Ė Cost ~400 (includes Shocks, Springs, U-Bolts, and Pitman Arm)

Scale score : 5

Pros : Cost very little money, will not sag over the years.

Cons : Stiff, Stiff, and very Stiff, will not flex on the trails thus hurting your Articulation.

Get the idea? If youíve got a lift why not post a quick bio like above? Please?

Thank you,
Tucker

PS Ė I would like to hear about Trail Master, Superlift, and Rough Contry.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 03:31 PM
BMF

Re: We need a new Tech. Page!!!!!

Tucker,
I don't know the cost of the superlift cause I got it at cost. But I'll tell you what I do know. I got the 4 inch lift kit, the heavy duty one. The springs are extremely stiff, should have got their soft ride kit. For kicks I'll jack up one tire just to see the other tire go up almost parrallel with it. The front is sagging even with the springs being stiff? Started to sag at about 5 months. I do jump the Jeep though. The rear shocks are never going to sag, I mean when the world ends and only roaches are left my rear springs will still have their original arch. I have my rancho 9000's set at one in the back and it's still rough. I'm gonna take my shocks off the back for a while and see if they'll soften up a little. Oh yeah, rancho 9000's are worth their weight in gold if your Jeep is an everyday driver. Also the springs were to short and put my shackles at a bad angle. Don't recommend the superlift kit, have ridden in other Jeeps with different brand 4 inch lifts that were Caddilac smooth compared to mine, this is partially due to me not buying the soft ride springs. In summary superlift 4 inch heavy duty kit=no rancho 9000's=yes
Hope this is the type of info you were looking for.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 04:32 PM
Keyboard Implanted

What i have learned about my superlift softride is the back ones are great only sagged 1/2" and it started at 5. The front was at 4 1/2" at first after a month they sagged to 4, another couple of months 3", then my winch and bumber they sagged to 2. I know that the weight of my winch/bumper put the springs over the edge but losing an inch before i even had the winch pissed me off. I also use there stock hydro shocks and love them. My next step is custom 6in springs. To keep it road legal i cant do a spring over. I just love jersey.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 04:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think that this is a really good idea. Hey I bet you could get this set up at the Short Wheelbase Members board easier than you could get it set up here.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 06:09 PM

I'm open for idea's. Anyone that wants to e-mail me with brand,size,comments and whatever.......please do. If I get enough replys, I will make a page with person opinions and feelings on them.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://home1.gte.net/rythem/davescj7.htm
"Get your finger outta there"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 06:39 PM

Dirtdog..Lets see if we can get them to mail us some sample's to try out [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Check your email in a minute
Peas

Its four wheel drive and naked women what more do you want?
-Dirt Dog
SWB BBS Member Page!(exclamation)
http://www.shortwheelbase.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 09:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Superlift Softride- yes
Pros- Ride quality very good
Cons- Like Pontiac said mine also sagged(though not as much)
after I installed my winch
Overall- I really like the lift. IMHO I think most lifts will sag after you install a winch anyway.

Just my two cents

Edder

Do you smell that?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 10:35 PM

You could also just make a list of popular goodies and let the readers rate them, something similar to the real time data base you allready have set up at SWB.com. You will probably have to set up a swear filter for the submissions.
I would love to give my opinions on all the goodies I have purchased for my jeep.

Jeeplvr
http:// www.trailhed.com
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 12:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dirt Dog,

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! If you can make it happen I would think the world of you!!!! I've done a lot of searches on this board but it's really hard to figure out the best lift when you have 200 strings to read...

I was looking at the Pro-Comp lift...but after looking at the Pro-Comp string that just got posted a few days ago I'm glad I didn't order them...You should check out the string, it gives a lot of good info on Pro-Comp.

ThanX for takeing the time to look into my idea...I wish I could do it myself...but I just don't have the time right now...

Tucker

post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 09:50 AM

Well folks, it is going to happen. It will take a little bit, but AB is going to set it up on http://www.shortwheelbase.com.
Keep an eye out for it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://home1.gte.net/rythem/davescj7.htm
"Get your finger outta there"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode