Off Roading Forums banner

stupid speaker question

324 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
the foam around the speaker face has rotted due to the outside elements, the cone it self are still good. can I just glue new foam in? I,m too cheap to buy new speakers.

brownbagg

#2 ·
IMHO:

The work you put into pulling the speakers out to "re-foam" them you will not want to do again in the short (Or Long term). I would advise buying $20-$30 speakers at your local flea market, you will be glad you did. I lived with junk speakers for a long time until they fell apart, I was surpised at the difference with cheap speakers even.

It really is'nt worth your time to remove them unless you replace them, I don't think if you could fix them it would hold up for long.

Scott
'85 CJ7______T.H.O.R.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif"To Her, OutRageous"
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif"To Have Off Road"

#3 ·
If you are going to go thru the trouble of taking them out I think you should put new ones in. Just get a set with anything but a paper cone so it won't fall apart if it gets wet. If the foam has fallen apart the surround is most likely shot also (the flexable part around the cone is the surround).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.