Off Roading Forums banner

Trails in Missouri

5K views 7 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any trails or 4wheeling groups in Missouri.

I could also drive to Oklahoma ,and Kansas for tarails

I live in South-West Missouri

Thanks

Justin,

1972 Jeep Commando

G
#2 ·
Justin

There are several people that come to the Randolph OHV area north of Manhattan, KS (just off I-70) and are members of the Flatlanders Jeep Club. There are also lots of trails near Fayetteville, AR (NW) and the Poteau, Heavener, and Clayton OK (Cen-SE)

The Grim Jeeper!

G
#3 ·
Alright finally someone else from Joplin, MO. I like to go to MarkTwain National forest. It is about an hour from Joplin by Roaring River State Park. There are a lot of trails that can not all be explored in one day. I bought a detailed MO map at Wal-Mart that shows all the service roads in MarkTwain. It is a good place to wheel. I would not recommend going alone as it is very easy to get lost and/or stuck. I go with a group of guy's from Carthage and Joplin and we would be happy to have you come along next time. Drop me an private e-mail and I will let you know next time we have a trip planned. As far as something more local you pretty much have to know someone who owe's some land. There are a few places along Spring River and Center Creek but nothing you could not drive through in 20 minutes.

I do not know of any local clubs.

Tom
Blk83CJ7 with a new distributor and running good again.

G
#4 ·
The Ozark Mountain 4x4 Club is based in Springfield & there's a club in Branson called the Tri-Lakes 4x4 club (or something like that). I'll try to look up some #'s for you tonight when I get home. Both of these clubs run the trails in & around Roaring River BTW.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

#7 ·
hey, if anyone is making a trip, i'm almost always ready to go. i live in fayetteville, ar.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D

G
#8 ·
WELL BEING AS HOW YOU ARE FROM SOUTHWEST MISSOURI,SURELY YOU HAVE HEARD OF LITTLE SAHARA STATE PARK IN OKLAHOMA.IF NOT THAT IS A GREAT PLACE TO GO IF YOU LIKE SAND.DEEPWATER,MO. ALSO HAS A DESIGNATED RIDIG AREA AT TRUMAN LAKE.

IF I BUY ANYMORE TOYS,I'M A DEAD MAN!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.