Off Roading Forums banner

Air Compressor of a '79 Cherokee Chief

410 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  GP'n 
G
#1 ·
Air Compressor of a \'79 Cherokee Chief

At a local junk yard there is a 1979 Cherokee chief with a V-8 and a air conditioning, i looked at the compressor but i could't tell if its a york or not, there wasn't any stickers on it, but does anyone know if they came form the factory as a york or what should i do?
thanks

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

#2 ·
Re: Air Compressor of a \'79 Cherokee Chief

mmm.. '79.. should be.. is it kinda like a rectangle.. with the hook ups on the end (bottom) of it.. im sure someone on here can hook you up a link or a pic to one.. i dont have one handy.. since i am at work..

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

#3 ·
Re: Air Compressor of a \'79 Cherokee Chief

79 Cherokee, unless modified in some way came fom the factory with York, and york style compressors. These were the kind you wanted to make an air compressor out of. They are square looking, black or silver in color. Depending whether it was factory or after market install will be the deciding factor if it stood upright or laid down. Either will work. Get all the brackets and mounts, also get the pulleys if you can. Hope this helps
GP'n

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.