Off Roading Forums banner

TJ doors fit on a YJ

19K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
A while back someone posted a question as to whether TJ doors could be made to fit a YJ (or CJ). Well, I helped my Jeepchick neighbor take her hardtop off of her '98 TJ and grabbed one of her...doors/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. Well, they measured up identical to my hard doors (from an '85 CJ) so I put them on. Yup, they fit just fine. The illusion in the TJ is the sloping windshield--it slopes more only because the windshield pillar is wider at the base. The actual measurement of the door opening is the same as a YJ and TJ.

If we're not supposed to eat animals, then why do they taste like meat?

See less See more
G
#3 ·
These were the full hard doors. I guess you would have to convert from the YJ/CJ striker pin to the loop style on the TJ.

#4 ·
I bought a set of full CJ soft doors for the TJ a few years ago (when I heard they weren't going to make them for safety reasons). They use the long latch style and latch to the inside of the plastic soft top adapters, we prevent them from moving and coming unlatched with bungee straps. They work well and fit OK, some leaks, but better than no door. The top back section is different, the TJ is more sweeping than the CJ so it overlaps. We got them so we could take the top fully off on long excursions but still put them on at night. Putting the hard full doors in the back was cumbersome and we risked scratching them. Unfortunately I wasn't watching what I was doing and poked a hole in the top with the hinge, which we sealed with duct tape. Good thing we got that new soft top and windows on Ebay yesterday for $61. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Oh yeah, don't take the windows off on a hot day and store them in another vehicle. Our rear window melted and won't come off now (took 2 hours to put it on). Oh well, live and learn...

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd

#5 ·
So........let me try and extract a little more out of this. Since the TJ doors fit on a CJ ...........and you allege that it would also fit on a YJ...........then I should be able to find a set of CJ or YJ half steels to fit my TJ with only minor latch mechanism mods......

Is this correct?

GeeAea

Figures don't lie ....... but liars sure do figure.

G
#6 ·
That would be my guess. I've got CJ doors on my YJ, and TJ doors fit my YJ, so CJ doors should fit your TJ/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif. Got it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.