Off Roading Forums banner

Flagstaff, AZ wheeling??

2K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I'm considering transfering to NAU, in Flagstaff, and was wondering what kinda wheeling they have around there.. Yes, 4wheeling is more important than what the campus looks like, smells like, etc. I know it's not toooo far from lots of places (couple hours) but how about in 30 min???
Thanks everyone
BJ

"If you chose not to decide, you still have made a Choice" RUSH

G
#3 ·
Broken Arrow is about 30 minutes away. Fun trail! Check it out...
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=144217&a=2047870

also

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=526691&a=3856577

The Cinders is 30 minutes away but it isnt crawling... volcanic ash that resembles sand dunes. See the pic I attached.

There is plenty of trails up that way. Not a lot of rockcrawling like that which we see in Phoenix but Flag is located close to lots of places.

If you are se4rious and would like to talk to some other Jeepers that go to school at NAU let me know and I can hook you up with them.

I dont think you would regret the move.

LarryM
'85 CJ7, 350TBI, T19
'00 TJ, 4.0, NV3550, D44

Attachments

#4 ·
Well as stated by Larry, the cinders is a good place but for the most part rock crawling is done in the valley or mountains around the valley. But there are some good trails outside Flagstaff that are great for just trail riding, Shultz pass on the north side and down around Turkey Butte southwest of Flag. A little further south around Sadona is a lot of good wheeling and a little rockcrawling, that just 28 miles south through Oak Creek./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif HHHHMMMM,, been awhile since I been up there can't remember all the trails and some are probably closed now. Lived there a lot of years ago./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

GP'n/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G
#5 ·
THanks everyone.. i'm going to go check it out in 2 weeks w/ a buddy... ROAD TRIP!!!!! so we'll do a lil exploring... I like the fact it's close to some real wheeling... i'm a crawler, gonna have to be a 4 corners local
BJ

"If you chose not to decide, you still have made a Choice" RUSH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.