Off Roading Forums banner

Where on the net can you buy pressure switch for on board air???

2K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I need a pressure switch for a York on board air setup and I have been to every imaginable store in my area and can not find one. I am about to steal the one from my shop air compressor. Anyone know of an internet store that would sell one. Grainger is not an option for me. I refuse to deal with them. I would rather blow up my tires with a straw than deal with them.
Thank You,
Aaron

#5 ·
I got mine from McMaster-Carr (732-329-3200, p/n 4154K22). This has an "unloader valve"; you'll need a check valve upstream of the switch. I don't know if you need the check valve anyway. If not the switch without the unloader valve is 4154K71, which is what I have, I pulled it off my shop air compressor which died..... I put my York in today but haven't plumbed it yet.

-Dana

When Columbus came to America, there were no taxes, no debts, and no pollution. The women did all the work while the men hunted or fished all day. Ever since then, a bunch of idiotic do-gooders have been trying to "improve" the place.

#7 ·
Got mine plumbed today, mostly. The unloader valve does not appear to be necessary, as mine works fine without..... though I do have a check valve; it was on my old shop setup so I used it Now if I could just find a cheap tank.....

-Dana

P.S. Just curious, what do you have against Grainger? I've dealt with them many times and had no complaints.

The citizens of the United States are getting the government they deserve. The problem is that I'm also getting the government they deserve.

G
#8 ·
They were very rude to me once when I walked into one of their stores and tried to buy something. Of course I did not know that you had to be a business to buy from them. Needless to say they were absolutely out of line with the way they informed me of that.
Aaron

G
#10 ·
I work for the company that makes pressure switches, or at least 80% of the ones out there. A water switch would probably work, but there are some subtle differences in the enclosure and frame types, also the model in water switches is a lot older of a design. You would also have to find the correct cut in and cut out pressures in a water switch.

#11 ·
A water switch is basically the same thing as an air pressure switch and it will work, but the set pressures are completely different. Typical water systems cut on at around 30psi and off at 60. If that's all the pressure you need, fine, but normally you want an air compressor to cut in at at least 80 and out at 100-125 (I use on at 100, off at 125, and usually set my regulator for 80). There's no way a water switch will adjust that high..... and believe me, I tried using heavier springs, etc. (since I had an extra water pump switch laying around), and finally gave up and bought the proper switch.

-Dana

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm wasting much too much time on the internet,
and probably, so are you.

G
#12 ·
Actually the water switch is how I found the switch I ordered. I went to an Ace Hardware store out in this little country town and I saw the switches and got excited until I noticed that they werw 20/40psi switches. Yep water pump switches. But they were in a Square D rack. I asked if they had a catalog I could order from and they did. $24 for the switch and no shipping charge.
Aaron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.