Off Roading Forums banner

TJ LIFT SHOOT OUT

872 views 1 reply 0 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
GOING TO GET A 4" LIFT FOR MY TJ! WHAT KIND OF LIFT AND HOW DOES IT HANDLE ON AND OFF ROAD? ALL YOU GOOD JEEP PEOPLE HELP ME OUT. DON'T THINK WIFE WOULD LIKE ME SPENDING 2100.00 ON THE RUBICON LIFT UNLESS WE WAIT A YEAR, SO I MUST ASK AGAIN PLEASSSSEEEE HELP ME.

ADAM W.

ADAM W. MATTHEWS
I OWN A 1981 CJ-5.
TRYING TO MAKE A GOOD JEEP BETTER!
BOW HUNTER!

G
#2 ·
I've ridden/driven my friends 99 TJ with the 4.5 inch R/E lift and it rides good on and offroad. I think the 4.5 inch kit is only about $ 1,400 or so. He runs a 1 inch body lift and 35s with no problem.

I'm shopping for a TJ and haven't decided which lift I'll install. I'm not sure about the new extreme duty 6" vs the 4.5" kit. The extreme (long arm) kit relocates the track arms to a new plate bolted under the transfer case, and the 4.5 inch kit uses the stock mounts for the track arms -- basicaly a bolt on kit. I think I'd wait a few months before going with the long arm kit to see some of the wierdness get reported and a few tweeks and mods added.

99 4Runner (wifes grocery getter)
88 Bronco * FOR SALE *
Looking for a new trail rig...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.