Off Roading Forums banner

401 to T-14?

830 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the flywheel is the same on all amc v-8's or are they ci specific? May want to put the 401 in front of the man. until I'm ready with the auto.

Has anyone seen my mind?...
I seem to have lost it.

G
#2 ·
They are size specific, but my concern is with a 401 and a T14. I ate up a t14 with my 258 with little problem. That 401 will do in nothing flat. My 258 runs strong and I was really pounding the tranny, but I ate it up in a few weeks. Just an experience of mine and thought that you might want to be wary.

G
#3 ·
Yeah I figured it wouldn't last maybe I should be looking for a way to mount the 400turbo to the dana 20 t/c instead ? I just thought it would get it road ready faster.
Thanka

Jim

Have you seen my mind?....
I seem to have lost it.

G
#5 ·
Search Ebay. I don't know if the auction is over yet, but I very recently saw a D20 with the adaptor for a 400 up for sale. I'll search myself and repost if I can find it. At the time, the whole setup was bidding at something like $70.

G
#7 ·
Thanks a ton !!!!! I'll say it again I'm proud to be part of this Jeep thing , you guys are truely a wonderful group to be part of , Oh no I think I'm gonna cry, Talk amongst yourselves

Thanks again,

Jim

I seem to have lost it.

#9 ·
The 66-73 jeepster automatics all had turbo 400 with an old style case for buick pontiac and cadilac and mated to the dana 20 t/case. The adapters for the dana 20 can be purchased new for around 550-600.00, from advance. I have two used ones left and would sell them for 100.00 per, they may need some attention but can be fixed fairly easy. I also have two tail shafts for the turbo to dana 20 that will allow you to use the later model case by installing it durring rebuild and this would include some 350 turbos. The shafts are 75.00 per. jpstrparts@aol.com

used jeepster parts.

G
#10 ·
Tjanks for the info, I already have the turbo 400 out of a 78 Wag. Will any of the parts you mentioned fit what I have , also Mark it looks like we're nieghbors e-mail me and maybe we can get togeather and look at what you got. BigJMassara@aol.com

thanks

Jim

I seem to have lost it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.