Off Roading Forums banner

Herculiner alternative...

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I've read alot of articles and e-mails that say people are using Herculiner on the interior of their Jeeps in leu of carpet. I think this is a great idea so I started checking around and found out the walmarts ,in St. Louis, just started carrying a product by Dupli-color that is the same as herculiner only it costs $39.95 a gallon (with the scuff pad , brush, and roller) instead of $99.99. I figure I can't go wrong at that price. Does anyone know if you can tint these products to make them gray instead of black like they all seem to be ?

Thanks again,

Jim

I;m not going to take it anymore !!!

G
#3 ·
Does that mean that Herculiner is also just one step above paint and I should have it Rhino lined? or is the Herculiner better than the Dupli-color?

Jim

Have you seen my mind?....
I seem to have lost it.

G
#4 ·
Herculiner or Durabak are the only companies that produce what you want. The Duplicolor product is not even close. Herculiner has wjat I have been told is ground up tire tread in it. Regardless of the truth to that statement chunks can't be sprayed in an aerosol can. Duplicolor can also be bought in an aerosol.

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

#5 ·
I have not used Herculiner, yet, but I have used the Duplicolor stuff and it is NOT durable at all. It fades, peels and chips very easily. I have seen the Herculiner and it seems much thicker and more durable. I plan to use Herculiner when I get to that stage of my frame-off. HTH.
fratt
77cj7304QtracTH400, 31"MudKings
"frame-off just started"

fratt

G
#6 ·
I have Herculiner. I'ts great. Duplicolor is like undercoating, while Herculiner is what you want. Also if you send in the card that comes in the kit, they will send you a butt-load of stickers and fake tattoos. THe tattoos are awesome.

Ed

I live, I breath, I Jeep

G
#8 ·
Ok i'm convinced. Where can you buy herculiner?
It just about time to do something with the tub. Now that i spilled gear oil all in the back, which goes nice with the glue and snad that was already there.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.