Off Roading Forums banner

Looks like Moab ate my Dana 44

335 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  jeepgod 
G
#1 ·
My club is going out this weekend and we were talking about a night run on Sat. This leads me to look under the old CJ to scout out some under body light locations since these things seem to be all the rage lately (anyone know if it really helps?) Well, while I'm under there I notice tha my rear diff is kinda wet. There was sort of a "run" line on the casting where there was no reason for one so I took the wire brush and degreaser to it. looks like a 1/2" to 3/4 inch crack from one of the factory welds running "down and back" and it seeps 90wt ever so slightly. I throttle bounced the Jeep pretty badly once on Hell's Revenge and I'm guessing that is the most likely culprit. Looks like I'm gonna need to pick up some nickel rod along with those tractor lights. Man I hope the parts fairy brings the stuff to finish my 60 soon.

My other car is a BULLDOZER

#2 ·
yes those lights can be helpful in the right spot.. i used to do alot of night runs in big bear.. when i was out there.. and i tell you.. wish i had some.. cause those rocks just dont look the same with a flashlight.. they help your spotters alot..

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.