Off Roading Forums banner

Need Distributor Fast

438 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I have been searching for a distributor for my 83 CJ-7, I-6, 258. I have spent 3 days tring to find a distributor and have not been able to find one. I ordered one which is on back order. I have contacted every Dealer in a 100 mile radius and they Don't know what distributor I need. Where in the hell do they get these people??? All they can say is there are 7 different one's and my computer does not tell me which one you need. They tell me that I should have a tag with a number on the distributor, or a number stamped in the housing. I have neither and need to know the part number in order for them to tell me if they have it. I have also tried NAPA and they do not have one either. Please help my Jeep has been down for 5 days already. As a last resort I may have to try AutoZone.

Thank You

#2 ·
my local Autozone says they could order one for $51 plus a $30 core charge

give them a try, although you might find they will be on backorder also.
probably not more a than a few suppliers of those things.

OzarkJeep
77 CJ5, in a bunch of sanded and primered pieces

G
#3 ·
Thanks OzarkJeep I just gave them a call and they can't get one until the 9th. All they can get is a new one and it's $169.00. I noticed you are from Fayetteville, AR. Do you ever wheel in MarkTwain National forest? I am from Joplin, MO and a group of us go there from time to time.

#4 ·
I havent ever been there, Id like to give it a try someday though!

my local zone is 501-443-4043, call them and order it, Ill pick it up and ship it to you

OzarkJeep

#5 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Ozark......on a good day, you're hard to beat/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

G
#6 ·
Hey OzarkJeep thanks I just found one in Springfield, MO at an O'reilly. If I don't get the one on back from UPS tomorrow I'll make the trip to Springfield. Gives me a good excuse to go to Bass Pro Shop. Give me a shout if you want to go to MarkTwain. I'll let you know the next time we go if you'd like to join us.

#7 ·
why thanks Dave!

But, are you sure your buddys wont exile you for saying that!?!?!

yeah blk83Cj

give me a note when your plannig again and ill try and make it, how far is it from say...Springfield? ( which is about 2.5 hours from me)

later

OzarkJeep

G
#8 ·
OzarkJeep it's a lot closer than Springfield.
We usually enter MarkTwain National Forrest around Eagle Rock, MO by Table Rock lake. It takes me about an hour and a half from Joplin so I'm guessing it would be about the same of maybe even a little closer for you. I hope to be making a trip June if I can get all the work done to my jeep. I'll let you know.

Thanks again for the help!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.