Off Roading Forums banner

258 Duraspark TFI coil

975 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Junk Yard Genius 
G
#1 ·
Just picked up the cap , adapter, TFI coil, wires , and TFI coil connector (NAPA # ICC1). What is the best way to connect the bare end wires from the coil connector to the original (cannister coil)? Should I use connectors that will fit onto the cannister coil connections, so that the cannister coil could be put into service in a pinch, or just use splice connectors and cut off the original coil connector. How did everyone else do this. TIA for your replys.

#2 ·
I would do just like you said at first...

If you leave the horseshoe connector in place, you will be able to use the TFI coil or a can coil in a pinch.
Pretty smart thinking!

Replacing the can coil connector with the TFI coil connecter looks a little neater, but limits you to the TFI coil.

I have one guy that sent me pictures...
He spliced his TFI coil connector in the wiring harness....
But he kept his horseshoe coil connector... Just put male spade terminals on the wires...
Now if he is forced to use a can coil, he just plugs the can coil connector into the TFI connector....
Just reverses the procedure you were talking about...

Nothing like having ALL the bases covered....

Good luck, Aaron....

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.