Off Roading Forums banner

Any better ignition unit, (stock, that is), than Duraspark for TeamRush Upgrade?

868 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jeeper2 
#1 ·
I mentioned the TeamRush upgrade to a mechanic friend and he like the idea until I mentioned using the Duraspark ignition. He's not a big fan of the Duraspark and was wondering if a Chysler ignition could be used. I happened to remember an off-road bit using the Chrysler ignition with a 258 and looked it up. The link is:

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/258ignition.htm

My question to Aaron and others: Is there a better ignition module than the Duraspark for the category "3" TeamRush upgrade? Would a Chrysler ignition module be better/more-reliable?

Thanks

If I was a horse, they would have shot me years ago... /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif The opinion here in the Jeep lab among my talented moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gifrace-tested crew is that the ultimate combo IS the duraspark with the TR upgrade. Not to diminish your mechanic's experience and thoughts on the matter, but all things considered, the DS does seem to offer an acceptable degree of reliability. Our eventual system will include a dual trigger system, Duraspark and MSD, the dura Spark as a backup to the MSD 6A. That's because we want EXTREME reliability to elude the gov'mt blackboots when they declare guns and Jeeps illegal on orders from Algore the new liberal prez. Truthfully, before the DS/TR upgrade, I considered GM HEI pretty darn reliable; and I liked the availability of parts; but I NEVER went anywhere without taking along a SACK of spare GM rotors/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

#3 ·
If you want to change the module, change it to an MSD 6 series...

There is nothing wrong with late model DruaSpark modules. All the old problems have been fixed...

The Motorcraft Hall Effect distributor trigger will fire any stock ignition I know of, so use what ever module you want to...

I just tried to work within the confines of stock ignition parts, and stock wiring harnesses...

Do what you want to.

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.