Off Roading Forums banner

4 Door Jeep Concept version 2.0

440 views 9 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
A lot of the advice I got was sound. Thanks. This is the redesign. I still keep the 103-105 inch wheelbase, eliminate a lot of the overhang, minimize how far forward the tub will be moved, increase the legroom in back, increase the rollcage strength. Later

Bakes
83 Scrambler
http://www5.ewebcity.com/4x4trails

Attachments

See less See more
G
#7 ·
I absolutly love it this is something I've had on my mind for a while now (also a convertable suberban, but thats a different story) I wondor if my CJ-6 would be a good candidate for a custom like this beings it already has the leg room? Thanks for the visual though, I probably won't sleep now with the perverbial wheels turning> Thanks

Jim

I;m not going to take it anymore !!!

G
#8 ·
Acutally, your 6 tub isn't all THAT much different from the 8 that this is modeled after, 'cept no rear overhang (which appears to be bobbed in the 2.0 version anyway). No reason you couldn't apply similar principles to the 6. Make no mistake, it'd be a full-on custom job. But, it would be ultra cool not only because it's unique, but because it's a FUNCTIONAL improvement. Very /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif!

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

G
#9 ·
Thanks TEX I appreciate the good words , I've been messing with a paper and pencil and have a pretty good concept going myself (just no neat photo...yet) I'll make sure to let you guys see it first chance I get.

Thanks

Jim

Have you seen my mind?....
I seem to have lost it.

G
#10 ·
My only qualm is that tose back doors will be a PITA (Pain in the You know where) to get into.. how about a countersunk step there?? like a half circle cut into the body, flat side down, and then a cover for it on the inside, just to make it easier.
Looks GREAT
BJ

"If you chose not to decide, you still have made a Choice" RUSH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.