Off Roading Forums banner

2.5l model year differences?

388 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  GeeAea 
G
#1 ·
Can anyone illustrate any differences that have happened to the 2.5L engine over the years. In particular I'm wondering if the higher port heads used on the '91 and up 4.0's carried over to higher port heads on the 2.5L? And did the 4.0 updates that came down in '96 affect the 2.5L (stud girdle?)? I would like to turbocharge a 2.5 and I am looking for the strongest possible year or combination of years. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
I hope that you get a response. You're amongst the "BIGGER IS BETTER" crowd. I'll save the following posters the trouble of saying "heck.....for the money you'ld be better off with the 4.0.....or a V8.

I'm going to buy a '00 TJ w/ 2.5 (I already own a 99 Sahara...too much flash). I will spend whatever it takes to make the thing trail worthy and highway competant.....if it means a $2500 s/c ....so be it. That's nothing compared to what most put into their rigs (so I'll be $2500 behind.....what, a TJ that costs $5000 more.....who cares?).

Good luck......I'd like to hear what the features of the different year 4 bangers are/were as well.

GeeAea

Figures don't lie ....... but liars sure do figure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.