Off Roading Forums banner

Towing with a YJ

509 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
I know that this question has been asked before but I did a search and didn't come up with anything. I need to know how much weight I can tow with my 95 YJ. It has a 4.0 and automatic. I have installed a tranny cooler. I know that the owners manuel says "not recommended over 2000#". What I am looking at is getting a little pop-up camper that will have a Gross Vehicle weight of 2500#. So, I need to know if I can do this and what kind of problems to expect.

Thanks,
Rich

I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Semper Jeep

G
#2 ·
You could probably pull it without a problem. However, I think the issue has to do more with the wheelbase..such a narrow and short vehicle cant handle much weight in the turns. Heed the advice of the manual for safety.

G
#5 ·
In Canadian pennies, its about 500000 pennies .. or $5000 for this years model. I can still get last years model, for a discount. Its $3500 (brand new, just sat all winter).

Come on up to Calgary, and drive back home with one behind ya .. border guards wouldn't even look at it twice. Just make sure you have a trailer plate attached :)

Laters!

Vance - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1985 4x4 S-10 and 1988 Jeep YJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.