My jeep pictures - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2000, 04:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My jeep pictures

I was finally able to get my jeep pictures on the net. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Steve http://icdweb.cc.purdue.edu/~wsmith1/jeep/index.html
Not sure why this isn't showing up as a link.

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2000, 05:13 PM

Re: My jeep pictures

What are your thoughts on that 46RH tranny? I have a chance to get a '95 318/46RH out of a smashed ZJ for pretty cheap ($800 for motor, tranny and wiring harness). I was thinking that it would make a good swap into my CJ-7. I think a Dana 300 might be a bolt on in place of the quadratrac case too...
How did you fab up your motor mounts? I don't think I have ever seen any pre made ones for mopar motors.

'79 CJ-7
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2000, 06:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] My moonguys [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] can't click on those pictures.

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2000, 07:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

http://icdweb.cc.purdue.edu/~wsmith1/jeep/index.html

Now am I off the hook for the Chuffer $$$, Dave?

Evolution of tools: stone, hammer, wrench, socket, impact, really big hammer, blue wrench.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2000, 09:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would love to hear the story on your Jeep .. I can't quite figure it out, is it a CJ7 or CJ8 .. it kinda looks like an extended CJ7 between the wheels, or a chopped CJ8 behind the back wheels ..

Tell me more!

Laters!

Vance - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1985 4x4 S-10 and 1988 Jeep YJ
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2000, 04:54 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Yep....the moonguys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]are smiling.

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2000, 03:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've had the same 46rh tranny in mine now for two winters behind a 30 over 360 with no problems at all. As for the motor mounts, I used spool mounts on the motor and then welded two straight ps of metal 90 degress to a base piece of metal so they would fit on each side of the spool mts, and then welded the base to the frame rail.

| |
| |
--------

Mopar360yj
D60-44-4.10
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2000, 03:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Its titled as an 87 wrangler which is what it started as. The body and frame are stretched 20", which gives it a 113" wheelbase, it has a home made sheetmetal hardtop covered with Line-X bed coating, home made metal fender ext, dana 44 and 60 with SOA both cut to stock wrangler length with 4.10 gears, grand wagoneer front springs with 7 leafs on the rear and 5 leaf front wagon springs on the front, home grown shackle reversal on the front, 35" tires on 10" wheels, 1974 dodge 360 bored 30 over with a 93 grand cherokee V-8 auto and a 97 dodge 241DHD transfer case with a mid 70s caddy rear driveshaft. So far I've logged on about 20,000 trouble free miles with hopefully many more to go. Its hasen't been off road yet so I'm not sure how it would fair in the mud or on the rocks. I do know it goes like heck in the snow. Steve

Mopar360yj
D60-44-4.10
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2000, 05:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You should add that little bit about the extending and modifications to your webpage! I love reading a little more about the vehicle in the pictures. All I can say is that I am very impressed with your beastie! I thought about doing something similar to my YJ, but when I chatted with my Auto-Body buddy, he said its almost not worth it, too much time, and too much money would be involved.

He loves stock when it comes to vehicles. I will continue to try to convince him!

Laters!

Vance - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1985 4x4 S-10 and 1988 Jeep YJ
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2000, 09:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well your auto body friend was giving you a line. I cut the body and added the metal needed for the stretch, plus the frame for less than $50, and around 40 hrs of labor. Steve

Mopar360yj
D60-44-4.10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode