What is the best NP231 tailshaft conversion & CV driveshaft combo for the money? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2000, 07:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What is the best NP231 tailshaft conversion & CV driveshaft combo for the money?

I'm doing a spring over in a couple of weeks and I will be purchasing this item. So many people are now making these things and I can't tell the difference from one to another other than the price and manufacturer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2000, 12:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What is the best NP231 tailshaft conversion & CV driveshaft combo for the money?

Tom Woods setup is what I am going to use. The SYE kit and driveshaft together are $460 and everyone knows he makes the best shafts out there. There is a review of it on www.rockcrawler.com His website is www.4xshaft.com but HIS SYE kit is not listed on the site yet. Another option and only recommended if you plan to swap out the tcase someday is to use the Rubicon Express cut the shaft $100 SYE kit and a $250 drive shaft.
Good luck,
Aaron

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2000, 02:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What is the best NP231 tailshaft conversion & CV driveshaft combo for the money?

I noticed you probably have a spring over by your user name. What full size brake lines need to be bought for maximum articulation. I'm currently having some springs made by Alcan springs that should yield 5 1/2 inch lift and I"ll be using RS9012 on all four corners.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2000, 09:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have no idea. I have a TJ by the way. Sorry.
Aaron

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2000, 10:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rubicon Express also offers a Heavy Duty conversion, not just the cut down type. By the way, don't waste time on the cut down shaft. You are just asking for breakage with that. The Rubicon heavy duty shaft is made by JB Conversions. After having said all of that, I like the Tom Woods stuff a lot.

Good luck!

Axlesupagain[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
http://home1.gte.net/lrgreen2/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode