Stuff got stolen out of my jeep, I'm venting - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Stuff got stolen out of my jeep, I\'m venting

Ok so today I've got the "packing meeting" for my boy scout troop's high adventure meeting. One of the kids in my troop is a total punk/rebabl/ [email protected] up and was bragging about his police record and saying he is going over to a neighbor's that back in 8th grade (just finished 10th today) I got in a fight with (I got sick of him spitting spitballs into my frow, went to the principal and all) and is another f up and I think still hasnt' forgotten about the incident. So today after this meeting is over at 8:45pm and I go inside and am hanging w/ a friend at about 9:45 we go outside, I go to grab my jacket from the tj and then go and get food and notice the papers from my backpack all over the place and can't seem to find my jacket. Then I look closer and my papers are everywhere my duster and windjammer that were rolled up behind the seat are gone, my chraftsman tool box that came out of the garbage is gone. I look a little closer still nothing, that's when I realize people stole my stuff. So I filed a police report the cop that came lives a bolck away and used to baby sit me when I was little and lives next door to the f er from 8th grade. I bet she pays him a visit and hopefully I'll bet the stuff back, here's a list of the stuff I'm out
-best top duster
-best top windjammer
-A colmbia fleece jacket
-A craftsman tool box that came out of the garbage w/ a bunch of "trail tools", a lot of general repair/maintance stuff, my cool whip container (my bolt/hardware/fuse/general collection of junk form my grage that I could make anything work with) and a bunch, my 1st aid kit, my stock jack and lug nut wrench, a nice pocket knife and a bunch of other minor stuff. so I'll have to make a trip to auto zone and a trip to sears for some real trail tools.
I'm venting, I'm pissed but the stuff can be replaced/ lived with out.

BarrelRoll

97 TJ 30" ko's stock but not for long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 07:22 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Stuff got stolen out of my jeep, I\'m venting

That pisses me off...

I hate hearing about people getting stuff stolen. I hope you get your stuff back.

Later,

http://home.off-road.com/~tom85cj7/home.htm
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 07:37 AM

Theiving bastards,
I hate nothing more than a theif.
I just had a Best top cover stolen off of mine a few nights ago. It was old, but still in good shape and had been cut and sewn to fit my tire rack and other little oddities, and Jeepchick had reinforced and waterproofed all the seams.
All I can say, is I would not want to be the bastard that I catch, next. Past encounters have not gone well for the sticky fingered [email protected]&ers.

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 07:42 AM
Can't Get Enough

Sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen. I'm waiting for the day to come when I get ripped off. I know that it's coming and am actually suprised everytime I get back to the Jeep and everything is still there. I try to not keep anything valuable in it but the radio and speakers are what I'm mainly concerned about. The bad part is that my insurance won't cover anything because the stuff would not have been locked-up.

80 CJ7 258 T176
36X12.5 Swampers
Fiberglass body
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 07:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That SUCKS!!!!! I hope the cops catch the little bastard and you get your stuff back.

On another note, you are one lucky kid to have a TJ in 10th grade. Heck, I didn't even know you could get a license at that age. With the experience your gaining at this young age, we'll be looking for you to be the 2010 ARCA Rock Crawling Champion. Remember, you read it here first folks.

G-Man
If you don't like the way I'm living, you can just leave this long-haired country boy alone.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 08:40 AM

sorry to hear about your stuff. are you guys going to a High Adventure Camp? which one? i went to the Florida Sea Bas in 1993 and did the Out Island Adventure. we received 2 days traning in survival, snorkling, and sailing. then spent 5 days on an island in the keys. had a blast! i had some friends that went to Philmont and loved it too...
Eagle Scout Matt

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 08:58 AM
Can't Get Enough

H8Monday - just put a picture of your mug on the Jeep with a note that you'll personally take care of anyone who steals things from the Jeep. That should take care things being stolen. I know I'd pass it up if I were a thief.

80 CJ7 258 T176
36X12.5 Swampers
Fiberglass body
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 09:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

When I was building the dirtrod last spring, I was putting in 20 hr days, busting my butt, I imagined that I'd put a plaque on the dash...Steal this machine and I'll kill you, your family, friends and pets... I've tempered somewhat since then...I'd kill the pets first and let them sweat for a while.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I went and checked the garbages of those bastards, my mom whose frinds w/ the 8th grade f er's mom called and the mom will interagate the kid adn look through her kid's
sh!t. Oh yeah I'm a kid w/ a TJ that wants a CJ but my dad has decided he doesn't wants a parts department in his drive way. He deiceded he wanted to get me reliable transportation and I had a 95YJ which I killed, so the TJ really cost us $500. Who know's what will happen, o well.
BarrelRoll

97 TJ 30" ko's stock but not for long
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 12:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Man, that stinks that your belongings got taken. I hope you find the little agro-teen (or whomever) that swiped them.

Hopefully this "story of woe" will make you feel better:

It reminds me of years ago, the time I was working on my motorcycle (1976 Honda GL1000) and walked into the apartment where I was living (Beverly Hills, CA. of all places!!!!) just for a second (stupid move #1) to see "a man about a horse" and when I came out my three drawered tool box was gone! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I began looking up and down the street frantically when a neighbor asked me if I had "lost" anything. I said, "yes" and she told me that two guys in a wine colored pick-up truck had driven down the road stopped and back up and they threw something into the back of their truck. I asked her which way they went and then ran to my car (stupid move #2) instead of calling the police. Climbing in in a rush, my knee bumped into "the club" on my steering wheel, causing the club" to shatter the windshield on my 86 Audi 4000 (stupid move #3)

Now, I'm ripsh!t!!!!!!!!!! I start up the car and take off looking for the wine colored pick-up truck through a newly shattered windshield (driving up the cost of my "bad day" up $200.00 MORE dollars) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

While driving onto La Cienega Boulevard (logic says this was most likely the route they traveled, but we will never know...) I ask myself in a screaming rage, wine colored? Red or white? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Up ahead, I see what I think is a red truck with two guys in it and I see them turn off to the left. I catch up to them at the next stop sign and pull in front of them, blocking their path. I get out and demand my tool box back (stupid move #4).

The two occupants of this "wine-colored" truck just look at eachother in shock. They politely say, "We don't have your tool box, but if you don't believe us you can look in our truck". I felt like poop. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] Their truck was spotless and obviously they had no tools or toolbox anywhere, I had the wrong truck, the wrong "dudes". I apologized to them for my "behavior" and drove back to my apartment with my tail between my legs to call the police, five minutes later they show up.

I tell them the whole story and they say that if I had called them first, they could have put out a "radius call" and other units in the nearby area probably could have found them, but now it was to late.

I learned a lot that day, almost all of it the hard way. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

The next day, I went to the local Sears (Craftsman tools are very good IMO) and replaced everything on my Sears credit card. Over four hundred dollars worth. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Then I sent away to a labeling company and had a small plastic label made that is still on the underside of my "new" tool box lid. It has the date and a quote "The four hundred and sixty-seven dollar bathroom break" inscribed on it, to remind me to always keep my guard up.

That was over ten years ago. Unfortunately, many of us have been "clipped" in the past, we learn lessons and take measures to try and ensure that it does not happen again, but you can only try your best. There is no guarantee against thieves.

My best advice is to never keep anything of value in your jeep if you are not in you own private, lockable garage.

Best of luck........................

Rawbin [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

1984 CJ-7 304 V8

torx: mistake, or did they do it to us on purpose?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode