Doors - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2001, 02:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Doors

92 yj. a couple week ends ago i took the doors of the jeep and then i just put them back on but now i have to lift up on the doors to get them to shut were there spacers that i lost or what??

TugBoat Proud owner of a 1992 JEEP Wrangler YJ
4Cyl 2.5L w/ 5 speed manual tranny
totaly stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2001, 03:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Doors

Yep.. I believe there are some sort of washers on the door hinges..

<font color=blue> Muddynut </font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] 78 CJ7 "Issues" </font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2001, 08:46 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I had the same problem about a year ago, took the doors off and they didn't fit at the end of the day.

How bad did you beat on it?

I blew the clutch and tore off a light, but otherwise it was still running fine.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 10:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I beat the living piss outa it but there was no wieght on the door hinges is that what messed it up was 4 wheeln??

TugBoat Proud owner of a 1992 JEEP Wrangler YJ
4Cyl 2.5L w/ 5 speed manual tranny
totaly stock
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 10:41 AM
Way Outta Control

Jeep tubs flex. It's pretty light sheet metal. When the Jeep is off-road and the doors are off it can flex and warp. When the doors are on, the warpage is kept to a minimum as the doors act as a stiffener in that area. The hinges on the tub are sandwiched into place, and unless hit won't move. Whe the doors are in place the door hinges and tub hinges actually "float" a little in realtionship to one another and preserve the intregity of the alingment.

Have you looked to see if there is any damage to the body mount bushings? That is the first place I'd look if I felt there was a skew in the tub.

Next sight down the side of the tub looking for any ripple that may affect skew. Is the door lip damaged or skewed. If none of these things are occuring, then simply start re-adjusting the doors. Believe me I've had more than my share of experience with Hard Doors. Click on ol' rusty (below) and go to the alingment proceedure. Read some of the other posts in the thread... it may help, it can't hurt.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 10:42 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Well, I tweaked the body pretty hard so while the doors were straight, the rest of the jeep wasn't.

My body mounts were shot completely, which is why the body was able to tweak.

I have never seen washers on the hinges, but they could be there on other models. I'd loosen the bolts and adjust the hinges. If that doesn't work, grab the sledge and tweak them back.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 10:47 AM
Way Outta Control

Jeepn, I love the words: " Sledge and Tweak" in the same sentence. Good ol' American Ingenuity! There's more that one was to skin a cat (Me I like catnip rubbed on fan blade of the vehicle of who owns the cat...very, very effective for those of you who want to skin a cat who walks all over your pretty clean Jeep and marks it as it's own...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode