another lift thought of mine? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

another lift thought of mine?

i dont know if i can get the 600 for a sye-cv drive shaft
i think im going to go with national springs and get all the other stuff (drop pitman extended brake lines ext.)seperate. so how much is an extended drive shaft with CV joints or would a regular work with out going through alot of joints?
i realy dont want to drop the T-case its kind of a dumb thing in my mind to raise every thing then drop the T-case. but if i have to i can make brackets for that.

actualy one last question what all do i need for the lift other than springs, drop pitman, U-bolts, new drive shaft, and extended brake lines. thats all that i can think of right now

thanks alot guys
mike

'95 jeep yj 2" body lift to fit 31's and soon to have a new suspention lift. you cant own a jeep and not "modify" it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2001, 12:44 AM
tdog90yj

Re: another lift thought of mine?

New bushings are going to be something you really want to have. Also you might want to think about extended bumpstops. It sure would suck to have your axle smack the frame. Another thing to think about, is to put the T-case drop on and run it like that till you can swing the cash for the sye and new shaft. As to your question about running the jeep with the lift and not droped t-case or sye. Unless you are going to raise it real small, like 2-2.5 inches you will need to do one of those things. Oh yeah make sure you get degree shoimps fro the rear pinion angle. to compensate for the lift.
just my $.02

Travis
90 YJ I6 258 4.0 head conversion 4"lift 33's & lots of other goodies
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2001, 01:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: another lift thought of mine?

You're pretty much stuck with a regular type driveshaft and a t-case drop until you get the SYE. A CV type driveshaft won't work with the slip joint inside the t-case and they aren't made by anybody. One thing not on your list to buy is longer shocks.

'75 CJ5,258 w/Howell EFI,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode