M37 should I do it? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
BMB
Veteran

M37 should I do it?

A friend of mine is wanting to sell his M37 and its in pretty good shape. He keeps in a garage and doesn't wheel it. I haven't looked really close at it, but it doesn't appear to have much if any rust. I know what he wants is too much for it, because I also know what he paid and he has pretty much done nothing to it. The only problem with this picture is I would have to sell the beloved CJ7 to afford it and do some work to it. Oh the agony what to do.
BMB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 10:19 PM

Re: M37 should I do it?

Well, it is definately more unique than a CJ-7. Has better parts in it, and can fit some monsterous tires easily. The biggest question is...um...will girls dig it?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 11:05 PM
jeepfiend

Spare yourself the agony, and I will come get it. Just let me know where and how much.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2001, 07:05 AM
utahjeepr

M-37's are way cool, but don't pay too much. There are tons of them available if you look. Just about every city or county motor pool has one sitting unused in a corner somewhere that you may be able to pick up cheap. If your buddies is in good shape make him a reasonable offer, but don't pay through the nose. If you will have to sell your CJ, you will have to be sure the 37 is what you really want. Otherwise you will really be P.O.' ed at yourself later. Old iron, especially old military iron can be a real PITA to work on and find parts due to the lack of info/parts avail. Turning one into a reliable driver can be an experience. I own an M-715 so I have been through it. It has been, and continues to be, more effort to own than a more "normal" vehicle. I am willing to put forth the effort because I love the truck. I have even gone so far as to sell my Dodge and I drive my 715 daily. I put 450-500 miles on a week, and they ain't the most comfortable miles I've ever driven. To me it is worth it, you have to decide for yourself if you feel the same. BTW I don't wheel my 715, the idea of body damage doesn't sit well with me. If you are planning to wheel your 37 try looking around and find price/availability on replacement body parts like fenders and such first, so you know what you're in for if you mangle one.

I don't want to rain on your parade, just makin sure you check the weather. I love my "M" and wish you luck with yours should you decide to go for it.

72 CJ-5: 305 Chevy; SM420; D-300; 30/44 with 5.38's, Warn axles, and Detroits
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2001, 08:20 AM
Way Outta Control

That M37's

1. Short.
2. Squat.
3. Square.
4. Ugly.
5. Ultitarian.
6. Simple.
7. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Hummm... everything my CJ is, only more so. I'm haveing a hard time figurin' the downside.

Yep, were I faced with the choice and If I KNEW I could get the '37 running reliablbe (you know... 38's, Auto, Fierro seats, CD/Stereo, and a diesel engine, auxilary heater!) enough to make it to the Work and Back for the next 15 years... The CJ'd be gone in a heart beat, I'd be dngerous...

Let them damn yuppie Beemer's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] cut in front of me on the Freeway, will you! You'd be hearin':

"But Officer, You just can't stop one of these things on a dime... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] they're just too heavy. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] He shoulda been driving a little better! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Can I help it if he's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]too stupid to drive? Let's be reasonable here, this is Natural Selection at it's finest..."

In fact, it's a good thing my firstborn's married and gone... or I'd threaten to sell her to get that M37... deisre is a terrible thing!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode