How was your Weekend? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

How was your Weekend?

Well, I didn't get to do any wheelin this weekend, but all in all it was a good one. Weather was good (a little on the warm side-95 and up) had the top off cruising around town running errands, picking up parts for the Scrambler, checking on parts for the TJ. My wife and daughter got their first experience with what I call N.S.O (Nasal Sensory Overload), We got stuck behind a cattle truck on the highway for a minute ot two because the joker next to us thought he would have some fun and lock us in (well it was pretty funny for a second or two [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]). Anyway as you all know any smell is strictly intensified when you have no top on and especially when you are going 70+ MPH [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img].

My favorite part of the weekend is on Sunday mornings, I usually get up pretty early, and I like to drive the 12 miles or so into town to pick up donuts and a paper for breakfast, I really enjoy the drive down the country roads early in the morning without the weekday work traffic, cool air, and the early morning smells. Just gets me going. Also got to drive through the Hill Country Sunday to drop my daughter off at summer camp for a week, picked up some fresh peaches at the orchards along the way in Fredricksburg.

All in all a peaceful weekend of driving with the top down enjoying the country. Wish I could go to summer camp for a week [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. Whats your favorite part of the weekend?

82 Scrambler/360/T5/D300/4" SUA/AMC20/Rear Discs/Somers Bros Axles/D30/3:73's/Lockrite Lockers.
2001 Bare Stock Trendy Jeep Sport (everyday driver)
Smithville, Texas
Member TX4X4 Cyber Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 11:29 AM

Re: How was your Weekend?

My weekend was great! After two months on jackstands, I finally wrapped up the axle swap; actually got to drive it around a little. Still need to clean up some little things: need to install new e-brake cables, get wheels balanced with weights on the outside of the wheel (the big calipers scrap on the weights that are stuck to the inside of the wheel), a trip to the alignment shop, and need to get some easy miles on the new gearsets. Hopefully I can accomplish that this week and hit the trail Saturday!

Max

82 CJ, some stuff stock, some stuff not
Have you hugged your Jeep today?
http://www.alpine14rs.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode