engine swap in the future??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

engine swap in the future???

funny thing happened to me on the way to get jeepgods broke down orange thing.. i get there and confirm that it is indeed broke and that my tow bar he's borrowing has a 2" ball while i only had my 2 5/16" ball along with me.... anyway..
we are out in the middle on nowhere and a 89-90 bronco pulls up..the guy hops out and it's a friend on mine(small town). he gets his 2" reciever for us and tells me about this great new engine he's about to swap into the bronco. i tell him i wouldnt mind a fule injected engine, but i would need everything... so he sez i can have this one.. it's a 5.0 well...it gets better and worse.
he upgraded the computer, and will give me the original that was replaced last year(he said it was expencive)..he also is going to keep the intake... i would need a wireing harness, an intake, and all the top crap.. the engine runs perfect, but has 170000 on it... now the bad news.. i would have to run a np435 because i hate ford autos except the c6 that no decent x-fer case bolts to(other that atlas)..i was really getting spoiled by the auto, but i never did take the clutch pedal out...
what am i missing? am i further ahead putting a $1200 fule injectin kit on my fresh amc than swapping...everything???

~~Elusive~~
http://www.jeepgod.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode