has this EVER happened to anyone!? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

has this EVER happened to anyone!?

has any jeep owner in history ever came home from a hard day on the trails, sat down in his (or her) E-Z chair and thought "my jeep is just perfect the way it is and there is not one thing that i can imagine changing about it".

i doubt it but, just thought i'd ask since i seem to spend the majority of my time thinking about my 'next jeep project'.

JEEP - it's not just a vehicle, it's a certified DRUG!!! (i NEED more)

shawn

The cup isn't half full or half empty, it's just twice the size it needs to be!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 01:54 PM

Re: has this EVER happened to anyone!?

I came home from wheelin last night, and had this euphoric feeling of contentment. Everything just worked awsome, and I got to realy hammer the Jeep hard, with many other drivers watching me play. It was great. "The Jeep was done". But today i find myself perusing the recycler and classifieds, with a hungry desire to find a pair of D60 axles. Go figure. I was actually done, for a few hour anyway. Sheeeeesh, back to work

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 03:35 PM
Old Hand

I sure came close to that today after wheeling this afternoon. I was with a friend in his 3" lifted cherokee. My CJ is far from done but it is streetable now and didn't have any problems at all on the trails while I can't say the same for the XJ. The XJ had several hang-ups and problems getting over washouts but my CJ just kept crawling and then got me home with no strange noises, vibes or squeaks. A good day.

Now its time to go wash it so I can get ready for my brand new Kayline top I ordered

Mark
83 CJ-7 and 76 CJ-7 with stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 04:08 PM
Can't Get Enough

Yes, there was a time that I actually thought my jeep was done, and pretty close to what I was looking for....then, I went wheeling last year and chewed up a R&P in my front D30 with only 33's. Then about 2-3 $K later my jeep is pretty decent, but there is always ATLAS and some of his buddies just lurking around the corner. I guess what I am trying to say is... A jeep is NEVER done , 'cause someone will always have something bigger and better just around the corner. It is really a case of one upmanship. My d**k is bigger than yours.. Ya know?
Also some of the really hard core trails that I feel my jeep is capable of, I may not be capable of driving it on them. Who knows. At least My jeep is streetable and trail ready and I enjoy it to my capabilities.
Just my $.02
Ricky...seeya...

CJ-7,401,T-18,Scout D 300,Pro-Jection,Dana 60's,Detroits,38" Hawgs, 4" BDS SOA,
http://hometown.aol.com/ericselz/myh...e/profile.html
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 04:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A lot of it has to do with what you want to do with the Jeep and driving style (and money). At 46 years old I am not really into adrenaline rushes anymore, so the way mine is set up pretty much suits me except for a couple things like a different trans and different gears, to make life easier. But, the younger guys in my club keep pouring money into their Jeeps, rolling em on pretty insane stuff, and LAUGHING about it! But, I do realize that the stuff I consider pretty normal wheeling would be considered insane in some other parts of the country! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
Vice-Pres. Rock Garden 4 Wheelers, Farmington, NM
http://rockgarden.rockcrawler.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

you all seem to be saying 'yes, but.....' that is called denial! i think this proves my theory. it is impossible.

shawn

The cup isn't half full or half empty, it's just twice the size it needs to be!!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 05:22 PM
JimD

My wife sure wishes it was finished, A new detroit locker at the end of the week will make it one step closer.All I need is a few more things honey, Its almost done,(I promise).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode