Making little hose clamps BIG! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Making little hose clamps BIG!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Just in case there is someone left on the planet who may not know this.......you CAN hook hose clamps end-to-end to make a clamp big enough to do what needs to be done. MOST clamps will fit up and thread OK, even if they are different brands. In fact, when you are clamping something big, it's an ADVANTAGE to have two or even three places to tighten instead of just one.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 10:05 AM

Re: Making little hose clamps BIG!

I already knew that,....I must be very smart, Hehehe.
I keep a bag of clamps in my side box's those things always come in handy. Obviousley not everyone carries tham, because I give away bunch's of em on the trail.

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 10:22 AM
sas87yj

grasshoppa didn't know this old wise trick![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
he be stupid and travel long distance to retrieve correct size clamp when he could have utilized the smaller ones he already had![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
grasshoppa have just one question grandfather-
me had also a clamp too large. was there a wise trick there too?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 10:45 AM

Oh it is too bad that youth is wasted on the young, Hahaha.
You can use a piece of radiator hose cut into about 1" length and slit opened. Then place that around what you want to clamp, and place the clamp over that. It works very well, since the hose rubber is very dense and will allow a very tight compression. This is also a good way to protect an object your clamping around.
Im hoping you were referring to CJ Dave when you referred to "grandfather", I might be getting old, but im still young enough to straighten out most uppedy youths(or is that yooots).
Hahahaha.

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 11:57 AM
sas87yj

yes mastaH8
you again have shed light on a fuzzy subject![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
i could have inserted a rubber shim to take-up the slop in the too big a clamp and protected my shiny white shock.

thanks ol wise one

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 12:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ive got one for you guys...how about if you break your little 1/4" ratchet or if you do not have the correct amount of ratcheting room...use a medium headed phillips screw driver! It fits right into the 1/4" hole in the extentions and the sockets. It is also good for tightening oil pan gaskets and other gaskets, because of the rough size and diameter of the handle comes out to a good tightening torque.

Mark (OIIIIO) Langmotorsports(business)
1977/CJ7/Glasstub/460ciFord/C6Auto/NP205/4"LIFT/33'S
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 12:29 PM
sas87yj

looks like mudman might be nearing the "grab the pebble from the master's hand" routine![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
i will remember that one mud.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Heh heh......Somehow I jus' cannot visualize H8 as a granpappy. I guess he COULD get to lookin' a lot like Uncle Jesse, and have a backwoods hot rod shop building engines for "runnin' moon" if we just WAITED long enough.....like another fourty years.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Speaking of FOURTY.....before this month is over I'll be a-closin' in on SIXTY with only two more b'days after this one.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Damn! Can I possibly BE that old? 58 in just three weeks?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]Guess it's time to go out and get a JOB![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode