New to BBS - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 12:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

New to BBS

Hiya all,

I am new to the BBS and wanted to introduce myself. I am Proppy <you dont wanna know why> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]. I live in the great Midwestern state of Misery errrr Missouri. I just recently purchased a 2001 Jeep TJ Sport. Yes I know I didnt *build it* but hey at least I have one. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I ordered a base model with only a few options including AC and a 5 speed. I plan to do all the work myself. Well with the help of my fantastic boyfriend. <sucking up>

I have been playing in the mud since I was old enough to walk and have been working on autos almost as long. I have done mostly engine work so this Jeep is a project for me since I have never done much with suspensions or body work.

Immediate plans are a 2" suspension lift, custom wheels <thinking Outlaws> and tires <most likely 32's>, a off-road roof rack and a wrap around brush guard.

Granted I wont be taking this off-road much until its either paid for or the warranties expire but when that happens I will most likely go with a 5"-6" lift.

Once I get pics online I will post them and also some pics of the Ogre [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. A bright red and yellow 61 Baja Bug. He is ugly as sin but will get you in and out of just about anything.

<stepping off her soap box>

<font color=purple>Proppy</font color=purple>
And who says women dont know how to drive? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 01:33 AM
Weakenedmchnix

Re: New to BBS

Welcome to the wonderful world of jeeps. Also, welcome to the best darn off-road BBS in the 'net. Stick around and these old hands will guide you through everything you need to know about jeeps...and other things too[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]! I've learned TONS on this web. I may not post much, but I'm always reading up on all the how-to's. The OT stuff is pretty good too!!
Again, welcome to the family.
Paulee

'94 YJ Pro-Comp Coil-over kit. 33's
....and a cranky T-case.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 02:06 AM
tdog90yj

hows it goin Proppy! Hope you are havin fun with your new ride congratulations. Hope it brings you many years of fun!
Enjoy the BBS Theres lots of great people around here with tons of info on just about anything you can think of. Big JEEP Wave to the new girl!

Travis
90 YJ I6 258 4.0 head conversion 4"lift 33's & lots of other goodies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 08:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Welcome. This BBS is great. I hope you get as much out of it as I have. There were times when I thought the next place anyone would see my jeep was the classifieds under "Parts". Don't worry about the built thing. You just started with a lot newer "builder" than I did[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

K-16
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 08:31 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Actually, Proppy, you are going in the right direction. Doing engine work first is always good, 'cause the suspension stuff is a lot easier to learn and to do. Let's just say that the consequences of a goof-up are not as dire as an engine mistake would be. We have a CJ that Jeepchick thinks the world of, but I must admit that when a new TJ goes by it does turn her head sometimes.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Anyone who can keep a cranky VW running will have NO trouble with a Jeep. At least you don't have to go through the valves every 5,000 miles....or even MORE often.......[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. We've done the multi-multi-Bug-Ghia thing with the kids and all that. In fact, I just unearthed two more boxes of Bug entrails.....a box of carbs and a box of starters to find a new home for.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Will it never be over?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]Heh heh....you'll like it on this BBS. Nobody will beat up on you for asking a basic question, and the guys and gals who post are the nicest bunch you'll ever find. There are some AWESOME Jeeps owned by the posters on this board. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 08:44 AM

Proppy. Welcome aboard.
Not too much I can add to the above posts.

(PS Dave....30 lashes with a wet noodle. 3k miles is what your VW eng. wants it's valves adjusted at. It will stay alot happier that way. Also check the oil cooler and make sure it doesn't seep ANY oil and clog up . this will stop airflow to #3 cyl. It's always the first to die because of this. Just my tip)

http://home1.gte.net/rythem/davescj7.htm
"Get your finger outta there"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 08:52 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] You know, Dirty......it's AMAZING at how all that stuff begins to leave after you no longer spend each day keeping a fleet of bugs running. I suppose we only have so many gigs of memory and when you need to load up on a lot of new stuff, well......it's delete time.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] The two things I hate about bugs are the brakes and the valves. You are never through working/adjusting them.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I had to devote a HUGE section of available memory to Jeeps when we got into Jeeping in.....lessee was it '98?......and about that time we began un-bugging, except for the best Ghia, which we gave away to charity this last January because we needed the deduction in the year 2001.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 08:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Welcome to the board always good to have a new member.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 09:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the warm welcome [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

I know what you mean about the brakes on the bugs CJDave. I had a 61 Baja Beetle that decided to snap its main brake line while I was drive about 35 mph. Trying to stop before I hit the intersection was a real pain in my a**. Ended up throwing it in reverse. I have never had a problem with valves though, guess I have been lucky with the engines. Hell I had a 1300cc in my 61 I tried dayum hard to blow, *was wanting to put a 1600cc in* but I never did succeed. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Still have that engine somewhere. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=purple>Proppy</font color=purple>
And who says women dont know how to drive? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode