grasshopper callong grandfather h8monday - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2001, 07:08 PM
sas87yj

grasshopper callong grandfather h8monday

yeah i had to go to store for right size hose clamps- you know the routine!
i hope i didn't alter your design much if at all..
i drilled a hole in the clamp and bolted the rubber gizmo to the clamp with a small fine thread bolt, flat washer, lock washer and nut. then i rotated the whole assembly around on the shock till the brakeline found a comfortable position out of harms way. i like it and thanks again for the design!
grasshopper do good grandfather?

you can't see the rubber gizmo that the brakeline rides in but it be there!

here this one maybe-

i don't know, after looking back at your post, grasshopper may have failed. i might need to bring the clamp down further on the shock to get that play out of the top end and get it further from tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 02:35 AM
tdog90yj

Re: grasshopper callong grandfather h8monday

hey sas,
i see your JEEP got new shoes. Could you tell me what size and tread are they they look pretty rugged.

Travis
90 YJ I6 258 4.0 head conversion 4"lift 33's & lots of other goodies
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 03:13 AM

Grandfather, what the??? I preferr Master H8. Yes, young grassshopper, you have come far. It is after all, the essence of a good design to be simple and addaptable. You have learned well. Now try snatching the pebble from my hand, and see what happens. Hehehe.
Looks good sas

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 07:31 AM
sas87yj

snatch pebble from the master's hand? must i grandfather?
yeah travis they are goodyear MTR's- 32x11.50's
i could have fit 33's no prob with the 4.5" RE lift but bailed out thinking of the stock axles and french tranny. i know i will be up-grading both later so for now this is the set-up.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 08:01 AM
Way Outta Control

Hey Sas, H8 is goin' easy on ya... any other monk would want you to:

a. Drive over 200 feet of rice paper spread on the sand without leaving a trace;

"When you can walk the rice paper and leave no trace you will have learned. Master Po, Kung Fu series."

Though Hing Kung is an excercise to develop Lightness of The Body, Jeeps practice Rust to accomplish the same thing. Hing Kung has been practiced in Shaolin Temples in many modified forms and has been passed down to very few. The same can be said for Jeeping! Count yourself to be one of the chosen!

b. Drive over 30 feet of water supported only by 15 floating logs anchored to the bottom.

Just remember what always happens to the Master and what happens to the Pupil... he always gets the girl! So much for being a monk...

It is good to be the Pupil.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 09:00 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Somehow......and no one will ever know how.....I MISSED this little-but-vital trick that H8 came up with.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] It makes all the sense in the world, since the shock has a very predictable range and direction of travel. Grass-ho-pee may have some fine tuning to do on the loops and so forth, but the application is stellar.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]On the WWII Army trucks, 6X6 and 4X4's, they made an upward loop of rubber hose, then on that hose was a clamp, and that clamp had a long spring hooked to it which held the hose away from the tire, yet gave it tons of needed length when that tandem axle bogie got WAYYYYY down there away from the truck frame.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 10:17 AM
sas87yj

thank you old wise men![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
grasshoppa go back to fine tune'n and report back later.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode