Uh-ooh, he's back - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Uh-ooh, he\'s back

Just want to let you'all know that I've been going through some very intensive and time consuming (business) stuff for the past few months including taking my personal home computer down for upgrades for what seemed forever.
I am sad that I have not had time for my poor unfinished Jeep project and this forum.
This especially hurts since I suddenly realize that the Moab spring safari has come and gone (again) this year without my having worked enough this winter (or last)to get rolling.
I was, this winter, able pick up (going over 3 Rocky Mountian passes and back in one day between storms this Feburary) a front'76 Scout II Dana 44.
Oh, fun. Start all over again. Sound familiar?
To anyone who thought I have left this, my favorite web site, due to my objection of too much off subject material is under the wrong impression.
I've just not had the time (or resources) to stay in touch.
You guys do still seem to go on and on about non-revalant (Jeep) stuff to suit me but I am really glad to see thay you'all have have kept this place in great shape and the Jeep info (amoung other things) flowing.

Regards,

John

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 08:24 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Uh-ooh, he\'s back

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Well, John....I want you to know that DESPITE your absence, that the monsterslayer has indeed corrected quite a few Jeep gauge problems.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] So you see.....the seeds that you planted have taken root. Yeah, we HAVE been pretty crazy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]lately on this off-topic stuff, and I'm the first to admit that I get drawn in too easily. It's just too darn bad that we aren't back in the Eisenhower Administration where all we had to worry about was the Ruskies, instead of worrying now about what the Scumbag and his minions are going to do next to screw over this country. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]HOWEVER....in the past few months, many of us have become real ignition experts thanks to Aaron @ TeamRush Racing in Washington Indiana. His ignition know-how and patience has been responsible for a lot of the Jeep guys doing a shop upgrade that meets or exceeds.......well, you get the idea.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Don't feel singular about not having your Jeep ready yet....we STILL don't have our SNOJEEP running, and now we are about out of the snow season(I ran the snow blower on 4/17 for the last time I think). Jeepchick was secretly worried, however, about driving in snow without a summer of getting acquainted with her CJ, so I guess from that standpoint it's OK[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]You're right about this BBS, though. It's a good one. Lots of good Jeep info to be had on this board, no doubt about it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 05:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

John

Glad to see your back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 05:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

John, didn't anyone tell you to finish one project before you start another! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Give me a holler if you need any help.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2000, 08:03 AM
Addict

John, I know what you're talking about. I barely find time lately to check in. The weather's warming up and the grass is growing and there's lots of work to do, yada yada yada.............

Stay in touch!

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2000, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Well, I finally did it.
I pulled the tarp of the CJ (after having covered it for 4 months) and brought those huge 35" dougnuts out of storage where they have been since the body work began two years ago and slapped them on. My, my..
Dang!, what have I been waiting for. This puppy is almost done!
I called work and declared the rest of the weekend off!
..heading to the garage.... it must be spring .....
Rodney, get off the couch! You've got a Scrambler to build!

Thanks guys!

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode