ZJ "body lift" - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2001, 05:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ZJ \"body lift\"

Ok, one of those "know it all guys" who works at my shop and professes to have a brand new dualie Dodge 4x4 with a v-10 and a 1973 Vette with a blown, nitroused 454 (that makes 2000hp at the crank) (despite the fact that this guy drives a 1987 olds 88 to work everyday), told me yesterday that he also has a jeep grand cherokee... a brand new one. It came with the 360, but he's pulling that out to make room for another v-10...and he started listing off all these "mods" he had already done...so I asked him, "Hey, do you have just a crappy suspension lift on it, or have you done an awesome body lift yet?" He responds that, of course he hasn't done a crappy suspension lift...he's done an 8" body lift. I of course chuckle, and return to work to ponder how exactly one would do an 8" body lift...ON A UNIBODY VEHICLE!!!!! So I simply suggested that he hook up the jeep and vette on a trailer behind the ram, and tow 'em all in to work so we can see. He said he'll do that just as soon as he can afford to buy a trailer. Just thought some might get a kick out of that. I think I'm gonna make my first million selling body lifts for Cherokees and Grand Cherokees.

(And before anyone asks...I made absolutely sure he was talking about a brand new, 4 door jeep grand cherokee--even compared it to one in the parking lot--so there was no confusion about it being one of the older, bigger cherokees or wagoneers).

Some people. Oh well, I've gotta go back and start to work on my front SOA lift design for the new Jeep Liberty.

FarmJeep

Moneyless, Will weld for jeep accessories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2001, 05:13 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: ZJ \"body lift\"

Ask him if he wants to sell the 5.9 Magnum that came out of the ZJ. I would be willing to come and pick it up.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2001, 05:15 PM
Way Outta Control

Just another pathetic case of "Jeep Envy." Humm.... I wonder what else in his life he's "stretchin' the truth" about? Ain't ya glad you're you, and he's him!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2001, 05:35 PM

I've heard all kinds of stuff you wouldnt beleive:9" 12bolt rears, 5liter bigblocks, turbocharged transmissions(turbo-hydromatic is just the name of the gm division that manufactured them you ignorant morons),and one kid even told me his 89 mustang was a special order all wheel drive cobra(ford didn't sell anything with a cobra tag on it in the US until 93 let alone AWD). It is amazing how people read magazines and just peice together their perfect car. Oh...and never forget the thousands of original #s matching 67 z28s in the want ads with original 350s and automatics(real z28s only came with 302s and 4 speeds). Factory V6 jeeps, V8 wranglers and the junker that rolls around town covered in bondo with the fully race prepped 305 2 barrel. But without fools like this, guys like us wouldn't look so damn good at what we do...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 08:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just how does one have a "brand new" JGC with the 360, which only came in the '98 ZJ body? body lift? Even if it WAS a body lift, would you want 8"?

canis
'82 CJ-7/360/727/D300/cobra, M.O.R.E. shackles, 1/2" steel bumper, 1" body lift and lots of ideas!

'96 ZJ - 4.0L/42re/np242/optima/cobra and other goodies
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 09:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think that every one of us must have know a guy like this at some time in our life.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2001, 01:05 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Well ya always can't catch em on the factory V-6 cause some of the earlier CJ-5's had the 225ci Buick Dauntless V-6. Along with the Jeepsters. The 84-86 XJ's and MJ's had a 2.8L V-6 too. Unless of course you are talking about an ad for a 97 TJ with a V-6 like I see in the paper all the time.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2001, 01:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What's really bad is one of the 4x4 mags recently advised a reader to put a 4" suspension lift along with a 3" body lift on his ZJ to clear 33" tires!!!! Talk about a bunch of dumbasses. It's probably the same guy that told a reader that his '89 Cherokee had front and rear Dana 44's. I would expect to hear that from somebody with a "2000 hp" Corvette, but not the so-called experts at the magazines.

'75 CJ5,258 w/Howell EFI,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode