Are these the tires I think they are? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 04:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Are these the tires I think they are?

I tried to go to the local Wal-Mart today and order the BFG tires that I wanted. They are about 17 working days away from getting them in stock. I got Wal-Mart to match a local price on the BFG's, 140. mounted balanced and ready to go. They had to match the price. With the 3 week delay I will not even be in town when they arive. I then had them check on some Wrangler Mud tires. These they can have within two weeks, same price as the BFG's. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the mud tires that Wally World sells are the same tires that Wrangler just introduced that they had a writeup on in a mag. They tested them on the Rubicon with several different mags driving the trails in the same vehicles. They are also used, I think, by the Curries on their rock buggies. Here are all the specs I could get from Wal-Mart. I don't know what the 743-xxx number is?
Wrangler MT
33x12.50RLT
743-223-396
item # 1032897
upc# 697662008026

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] 1976 CJ-7,CHEVY 350, 33'S, 3" LIFT, THAT COVERS MOST OF THE MAJOR STUFF [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 06:01 PM

Re: Are these the tires I think they are?

If the tires you are talking about are Goodyear Wrangler MT's, then yes. A few months back Goodyear phased out the old Wrangler MT tread design and put a new design to the ground. From some of the reports I have read on these tires, they are supposed to be excellent off-road rubbers. If you have heard of the Warn rockcrawling championships in Farmington New Mexico, you will know that the top four rigs were wearing this type of tire. I hope this helps with your decision.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]'46 CJ 2-A Rusty, but still fun to drive and easy to work on.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 07:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i believe those are the MT-R's, a whole new style of tire, and considerably more greenbacks if my thinking is straight.
BJ

"If you chose not to decide, you still have made a Choice" RUSH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 11:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have been doing some searching for the MT-r's in So. Cal. and the lowest price I have found for 35x12.50x15's is $186 per tire. I would check real close to make sure that the tires are the MT-R's.

Let us know what you find,
Axlesupagain

Axlesupagain[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
http://home1.gte.net/lrgreen2/index.htm
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 12:11 AM
BigMan

Go to Sears. They also have to match advertised prices. They got my bfg mud terrains in a few days. They said it'd take a week but it didn't take that long. I got my 35" x 12.5" on sale for like $135 from them.

Al
<a href=http://community.webtv.net/BIG-MAN-TT/BigMansJeepWorld>My web page</a>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 01:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The tire gal that I talked to earlier called and said that they can not get the MT-r only the MT. That sucks, I am going to have to get the BFG. It is not a real step down or anything but everyone runs them. I wanted the Yokohama Geolander MT but once again, noone locally. I live in Montana so if you have ever been here you can understand. I guess I will order the BFG and have them installed when I get back from vacation.

THANX for all Y'all's HELP

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] 1976 CJ-7,CHEVY 350, 33'S, 3" LIFT, THAT COVERS MOST OF THE MAJOR STUFF [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 06:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was quoted 143 plus 15 per tire for road hazzard on the NEW MT/R at Sears. This was for the 35-12.50-15.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 09:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got my Yokohama Geolander M/T's from Sears. They just had to order them. I'd give them a call if you really want them...

post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 11:50 AM
Addict

Around here (CT) nobody advertises big MT's of any brand, so there's no price matching. The shop where I got mine wouldn't offer road hazard on MT's, either.

-Dana

Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny

post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 11:55 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Hey Lee, don't fret about limited tire choices in Montana. You've got lots of reasons to be GLAD you're there. BTW, most guys (me included) run Cooper STT's around here FWTW.</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode