JpMagazine ??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 09:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

JpMagazine ???

When did the last issue of JpMagazine come out, and what was on the cover? I'm wondering if I've missed an issue. Thx, Ed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 09:40 PM
sas87yj

Re: JpMagazine ???

don't know but i was wondering if they cut you any deal with a subscription? i seem to recall there was no break- regular full price of $4 or something and only comes out 6 times a year? am i right on this?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 09:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Last issue of JP had a red YJ on the cover and is supose to be displayed untill June 3 it talks about Jeeps for cheap.It only comes out six times a year but if you subscribe it's only like ten or eleven bucks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 10:07 PM

I was wondering the same thing. It is about the only thing I look forward to getting in the mail!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 10:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have the new one sitting right in front of me. It has a frontal shot of a yellow CJ-7 on a dirt pile on the cover. It's the July 2001 issue and should be on stands till August 3rd. Mostly full of TJ, out of the box suspension kit stuff and a few trail rides full of carnage. I've been paying closer attention to the advice they are giving on tech stuff lately and I've been finding myself laughing at how off they seem to be after digging around on this site. I don't know why I still spend the money?

'88 Sahara, 4.2, auto, 4.0 head swap (finally), no trac bars.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 01:54 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Stooby, all of the mags are like that, but it is nice to get one that has nothing but Jeeps...even though the "Tech" is sometimes licking.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, Almost ready for paint.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 07:11 AM
Veteran

what i would really like to see from them is some 'real life' stuff. for example: do some dyno tests on a 258 stock, then with TR upgrade, then 4.0 head , etc, etc. and compare the results. test the swaps that the average joe jeeper has done (and can afford).

just my 2/100's

shawn

The cup isn't half full or half empty, it's just twice the size it needs to be!!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 07:19 AM
Can't Get Enough

I was just wondering the same thing about missing a issue or even if they still are in business. The more that I read that mag, the more I wonder why I subscibe to it. The tech articles are so vague that you can't follow them and actually do it yourself. A professional shop is always doing the work. They need to get Joey55's Jeep to work on! That would make a great tech article. How to strip paint, how to drill out stripped bolts, how to replace and tune a carb, how to take 3 foreign babes wheelin' and make it back...

80 CJ7 258 T176
36X12.5 Swampers
Fiberglass body
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 07:32 AM

All of the off road rags have become huge advertisement whores, with the swelling popularity of the sport/industry. I do look forward to the JP Rag, even though all they do is plug off the shelf TJ lifts it seems lately. I dont think ill re new when my subscription runs out, then again, jeepchick writes all the checks for bills, who knows I may have already re newed.
I used to subscribe to a sailing mag, thet was subscription based for proffit. They took no advertising dollars. The subscription was something like $6.50 an issue, but they could tell it like they wanted, with no reprocussions from the dejected advertisers, when they honestly evaluated a product. It didnt have much gltz between the pages, but was loaded with usefull info, that could save your life at sea.
Now thats what we off road Jeeper's need.
Who wants to start a Magazine?

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 07:43 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I agree with H8... start a magazine that has all the usefull stuff and tips. Not everyone has an "old-timer" around to teach the special little tips to get out that broken bolt or tune that carb. Look at the consumer report magazines. No advertising and they have been like that forever. Even though they tend to create hysteria for tippings SUV's in their tests. I don't sunscribe to JP, but they have the same articles from 4wheel and off-road, its sister company. I might be biased that I like older jeeps and with all the TJ stuff, I am just not interested. I guess I need to look at the magazines from the 70's to find my tech info [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
That is what is so great about this board, because there are people that like the old iron and the new iron, and there are topics that everyone can benefit from.

Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode