rimmer supercharger - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 06:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: rimmer supercharger

How About Turbo City http://www.turbocity.com they might be able to set you up w/ a smog legal turbo, even in CA

BJ

"If you chose not to decide, you still have made a Choice" RUSH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 07:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Geeaea,
I live in Pa, and I haven't seen the sniffer in the local inspection stations. Are they starting that all over pa or just in the more populated area's. I do live in Scranton, Pa I am surpised that we have not seen it yet. Of course Scranton is the land time forgot. Any info would be helpful.

Lunatic
Home Page
post #13 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 09:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sorry for misinformation Lun. Many counties aren't slated for the standard (just the sniffer) emissions inspection for some time yet (how long I'm not sure). I believe that just Phila and it's surrounding counties have the "enhanced emission" which is on a dyno with plug in computer. Pittsburg, I believe, and maybe a few surrounding counties have the standard sniffer check......which is just a CO and HydroCarbon level....maybe a NOX as well.....but any well maintained vehicle passes. For an older vehicle the repair $ limit for compliance is less than a newer one (I'm not sure of the year) ....the newer limit is $150. This was a "gouge" limit imposed to prevent mass emissions related expense to the public. It doesn't mean that you necessarily get off with just $150 however. If the cat is determined to be bad the retail on it is around $250......so they don't have to give you a $250 cat for $150....so you're kinda stuck with that bill. I've only had to replace a cat once......I naturally did it myself for around $90 and got it retested but the average john/jane Q consumer is already used to the $200 safety inspection....so I guess a $3-400 combined will not be too much harder to swallow. Oh..ya.....you can get an exemption sticker if you do less than 5000 miles a year (they computer catalogue your odometer reading with your registration (you do) and the safety inspection (the shop does)...so the figures must jive (it takes awhile for them to catch up with you..but they eventually do)....so if you want to run two speedos and only log 5k a year on the in dash one you can go as radical as you wish. It's called the "Sunday driver" badge.......much like the Cinderella tag for the antiques. If you have a 75 or older vehicle you can get the antique tags that allow you to skip the both inspection completely.....you can not however drive after certain hours (sundown I believe) and cannot drive through the PA turnpike tunnels.

GeeAea

Figures don't lie ....... but liars sure do figure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode