quick quadratac question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 01:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

quick quadratac question

well, say i buy a jeep with a quadratrac, it will have a turbo 400 right? will a gm bellhousing bolt to this tranny, and then to a GM engine?? thanks a lot!!

Keith
<font color=red>89/91 cr 125</font color=red>
<font color=blue>89 Yamaha SRV</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 01:52 PM
Addict

Re: quick quadratac question

Yes, it should have a TH400, but no, I don't think it will bolt right up to the GM. I believe the TH400's in Jeeps were different than the ones used in GM vehicles. But I could be wrong. You could call Advance Adapters, they will know for sure.
rich
77cj7304QtracTH400, 31"MudKings

fratt
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 01:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

yes it is a th 400, BUT no chevy engine will bolt to it.. it is amc only bolt pattern... and no other x-fer case other than the q-track will bolt to it... too bad... or everyone would have th 400's in their jeeps

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 03:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The best you can do is to take the tranny and "bench" it....transferring the guts to a GM TH400 housing. Our TH400 had a bad case, and we ALMOST went to a SB Chevy engine when we found out we had to get another tranny anyway, but our 304 was "fresh" so we looked for and found a Jeep TH400 housing, and transferred out tranny guts to that housing.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 04:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks a lot everyone! i did a bit of reading, and although the q-track seems to work well in snow, i think i will steer away from them because of chains, and a few other odds-and-ends i read about them. i really want a stick anyway [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Keith
<font color=red>89/91 cr 125</font color=red>
<font color=blue>89 Yamaha SRV</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 08:57 PM
BigMan

I took the quadratrack unit off my th400 and got an adaptor and rear output shaft from a wagoneer with a th 400 and dana 20 combo. The wagoneer had the dana 20 behind the th400 but cj only used a quadratrack with the th400. If you want to put any other transfer case behind the amc th 400 you have to have it rebuilt and have them put the regular short shaft rear shaft in it. Other than the bolt pattern it is the same bullit proof tranny. Also some of them used an actual chevy bolt patern tranny with an adaptor between the tranny and motor. Look at it to see if there is an adaptor plate between the housing and the motor. There is alot of MISinformation out there about this perticular combo!

Al
<a href=http://community.webtv.net/BIG-MAN-TT/BigMansJeepWorld>My web page</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode