TJ Door Sensors - Easy Disconnect - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 10:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

TJ Door Sensors - Easy Disconnect

A while ago I saw a post that mentioned some sort of fuse removal to cut out the door ajar sensors on a TJ. I had no idea what they were talking about and found no fuse to back it up.

While on a trip this weekend, eating my lunch and holding my foot on the door sensor to keep the damn buzzer from going off, I discovered that the sensor just pops off with a flat head screwdriver. You can then just just disconnnect the harness.

Since door removal season is coming up, this will be very handy.

Rifraf

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 11:28 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: TJ Door Sensors - Easy Disconnect

Behind the glove box is the fuse panel. Remove the fuse marked "Door SW Defeat" in the lower right corner of the fuse panel. It's a 10A fuse and is easily removed. We have our doors off so often in the summer I keep the fuse out of the panel, the interior lights will still work from the headlight switch. There is also a section in the factory owner's manual on this.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 02:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

While you are in there pulling the door fuses get to know the two red fuses in in the top center of the panel. these are the fuses you pull to disable the airbags. Always a good thing to do when you are out in the rocks.

Have fun!
Axlesupagain

Axlesupagain
http://home1.gte.net/lrgreen2/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 08:15 AM
I Do This For The Glory

I have always been afraid to pull those fuses , didn't want to accidentally set anything off. We haven't rolled the TJ, but it's taken some HARD hits (one lady came down ON TOP of the soundbar, blood everywhere, guess next time she'll wear her seatbelt) but no airbags going off. There's no problem pulling them and putting them back in later on?

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 08:34 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Jeep-N....My moonguys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] were wondering how you came to have a twin stick 205 transfer case. We have a GM 3/4T now with the SM 465 and the 205, and we want to go to a twin stick. Did you fab that up? Or did you find a kit.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]The little moonguys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] were also getting a big laff out of you having the super-tuff tranny and t-case behind the 151......truly a super-bulletproof setup if ever there was one. They wanted to get you a "doubler" for Christmas but I suspect that they will party instead of saving up their cash[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 09:17 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Dave, I posted a short writeup on the Chevy Board. Made it myself with another shifter and a little fabrication. It was really easy to make though. If you're looking to do this, get another shifter and I'll make you the linkage, it's easy with the body off the frame. As to the doubler, if $$$ permits, I'll get one this winter along with the 350 install, thank the moonguys for thinking of me though . JEEPNCHICK just gave me carte blanche on the Scrambler rebuild, so long as we don't go into debt for it. She wants it to be everything I want it to be and she's willing to wait on the Willys for awhile (knew I married her for a reason, and yes, she does have a sister). I guess she knows what a hard time I'm having on the body resto, more rust than I thought.

Yeah, I got tired of the SR-4 in a hurry, losing and gaining gears at whim. I vowed the next tranny would be bulletproof, and so it is. The 151 is strong and tight, rebuilt and bored .030 just before I bought it. It'll turn 300 rpms and recover (I use the term loosely). I didn't want to go to a larger engine until I got what I wanted and did it right. The 350's are cheap, reliable, easy to fix, and plentiful, and the only lacking right now with the 151 is road and mud power. The problem with the 350's is cooling them properly, and I want to make sure I have everything before the swap. I mounted the tranny so the engine never left it's stock location, which will be easier to get the right mounts for the V8 swap later on. BTW, according to my info (which could be wrong), the tranny and transfer weigh over 400 lbs, while the engine sits at 375. Talk about center mass!

The attached pis shows how large the new setup is, the body is just set on the frame for transport to the new house. I had to cut it back a ways to get the shifters to work. You can also see the dual E-brake levers. There was a good 4" of space in there with the original setup, I could get my hand all the way over the top of the tranny.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-35738-sm465.jpg (21.0 KB, 0 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 08:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Never have had a problem with the airbag fuses. Matter of fact, I haven't had them back in there for over a year cause I got sick of pulling them out and putting them back in. If my 5 points can't keep us out of trouble I don't figure the airbags will be of much use anyhow. As I was saying though, never had a problem pulling/replacing the airbag fuses.

Good luck,
Axlesupagain

Axlesupagain
http://home1.gte.net/lrgreen2/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode