Jeep Wave - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 02:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jeep Wave

"An honor bestowed upon those drivers with the superior intelligence, taste, class, and discomfort tolerance to own the ultimate vehicle: the Jeep®. Generally consists of a vigorous side-to-side motion of one or both hands, but may be modified to suit circumstances and locally accepted etiquette."

I just got myself a TJ Sport and very happy about it. I surfed on many Jeep club page in my region (Aylmer - near Ottawa, QC, Canada), that's where I learned about the Jeep Wave. Seems to me alot of people don't know about this:

"Owning, registering, leasing, renting, insuring or driving a Jeep® implies knowledge of, and intent to abide by the following rules, regulations, and guidelines. Failure to obey the letter or spirit of the rules may result in you being ignored by other Jeep® owners as you sit along side of the road next to your stalled vehicle in a blizzard, sourrounded by Saturns, Yugos, and Hyundais."

Spread the word.... wave!!!

Just a comment

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 02:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Jeep Wave

I don't know if you have come across this in your surfing, but here is a good url with an in depth exclamtion as to the Jeep wave. http://www.webspan.net/~helicop/jeepwave.html Sorry, don't know how to make it clicky.

Oh yeah, welcome to the wonderful world of jeepers, glad to have you on board,

G-Man
If you don't like the way I'm living, you can just leave this long-haired country boy alone.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 02:31 PM
Pooh-Bah

When I road "Crotch Rockets" I got very used to waving at ANY motorcyclists on the road. On the rare occasions I drive my Jeep on the road I try to wave at others. The one thing I have noticed is that typically people that have built/modified jeeps wave back, but those with stock, bought a Jeep to have a convertable, don't. I still acknowledge and wave at all of them, even if they think I'm strange for waving at a stranger.

pbm
74 cj5,304,t18,2.46 ts d20,30f,44r,soa,MORE buggy front,35's,Rci's,5pt,full cage,air,etc.
78 J10,360,727,d20,44f,44r,35's,4" lift,etc.
Support Search and Rescue.......Get Lost!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 02:42 PM

I believe that that link takes you to the rules of the jeep wave also. If I'm not mistaken it is the driver of the lesser(no offense) jeeps responsibility to initiate the wave. For example a driver of a wrangler on 31s must wave to a larger or more well equipted jeep such as a scrambler on 35s first. Or a well equipted jeep driver must wave to the driver of a classic jeep such as a flat fender. Anyone driving in the rain or snow with no roof on their jeep gets waved to first. Check out the article, it's rather enlightening. I also believe there is a jeep rater which rates your vehicle on a scale of 1-500 depending on year and modification.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 03:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

http://www.webspan.net/~helicop/jeepwave.html

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]<font color=red>76 CJ7, only up 3", waggie D44 front and rear, 350cid, Quadratrac, 33" BFG's</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 03:18 PM
Can't Get Enough

I wave to all Jeeps and find that chicks driving TJ's typically don't wave back and just give me a dirty look like I'm trying to hit on them or something.

80 CJ7 258 T176
36X12.5 Swampers
Fiberglass body
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 03:42 PM
Leigh_Smith

What's up with all the chicks driving tj's? I see more women than men driving tj's. Most of them wave to me where I am, I would much sooner wave to a cute girl than some crusty old guy!!

81 CJ7 304/904/D300 scout 44's locked, full cage, 33"wildcats, warn HS9500i, bush bar from hell and diamondplate sides to cover gaping rust holes!! Coming soon OBA!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 06:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The last few times I drove the Cj with the top off in the rain I got alot more than just waves.
I guess some big guy in jeans and a t-shirt and a big grin driving in a down pour with the top off just scares some people.

They just don't know what they are missing.

'95 Cherokee; '86 CJ-7, HEI upgrade
'84 CJ-10a, running stock; '84 CJ-10a, running stock; '84 CJ-10a, running stock; '85 CJ-10a, needs alt & vacuum pump.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 06:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Personally,I get more waves from folks in lifted pick-ups.In my experience the cj crowd will throw up a hand faster than the YJ or TJ persons.With that in mind,the simple fix is wave at all cj's and when the Chrysler versions roll by pick your nose.

TOMMY PARKER
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 09:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Well, K......all I can tell you is that the once-prevalent Jeep wave is a victim of a burgeoning urban society where owning an SUV has gone from pure necessity to status symbol, and at the same time has created a whole "world of posers". Once Jeeps got to the point at which your kidneys were not constantly at risk, then the drivership became less sympathetic to one another and a lot less cordial. If you have ever driven 60 miles in a WWII vintage horsehair-seat Jeep, you know what I mean.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] What you could do is frequent this BBS; which is very friendly and helpful; and then acquire a moonguy-based BBS decal for your Jeep. At least that way you could positively identify a genuine Jeeper before wasting a wave.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode