OT-Seeger and dandelions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 10:10 PM
JeepSage77

OT-Seeger and dandelions

OK, so I sometimes forget the reason that I spend so much time and money on my Jeep. Although the warm weather has really helped, I still ask myself "Why?"
But tonite I remembered. I was cruising down a road when I glanced over and saw a sea of white dandelions that looked like one of the many snow covered meadows I've snowmobiled on. The field had been graded smoothly for a development, but it has been abandoned, so the dandelions seriously overtook the area. Well, without thinking I just pulled off the road, went through the ditch, and grinned from ear to ear realizing that the ground was pretty wet from recent rain. I just put the skinny pedal on the floor, let the tires spin like crazy and started off through the field. I cranked up Bob Seeger's "Against the Wind" on my radio, and looked behind me to see billions of seeds following me through the air. It felt like driving on ice, because when i turned the wheel I just slid sideways for what seemed like forever. I looked at the road to see everyone driving by looking totally amazed and jealous! It was so great. I just did countless figure 8's until the song ended.
I just felt like sharing this because it's times like that when you realize how awesome Jeeps really are. I couldnt have done it in a convertable sports car, and it wouldnt have been the same in a closed cab truck.

Happy Wheelin'

Oh, and I just borrowed a friends Lincoln welder...can't wait to fabricate something this weekend.

-=Rob=-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 10:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: OT-Seeger and dandelions

puss

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 10:23 PM
JeepSage77

how's tha 4-banger treating you? And that "reliable" vacuum activated 4WD? haha..thats what I thought
yeah, its not an experience about climbing a big ass canyon or running through thick ass mud, but it was pretty damn enjoyable.

-=Rob=-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 10:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

my 4 banger is tight and the SOB isn't leaking oil like someone's i know...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode