Progress(?) pics (one thing leads to another!) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Progress(?) pics (one thing leads to another!)

Well. I got back to work on the Jeep today, and got a little bit accomplished. I went to the junkyard to pick up the driveshaft I put a 'pull order' in for yesterday. For $40 I got a shaft from an '86 XJ with Select-Trac. Back then they used the NP-228 x-case with a fixed year yolk. Since I now have a fixed rear yolk this would only have to be cut down to size. I dropped it off at the driveshaft shop and went to Protocall Automotive where my Jeep is to take measurements and call them in. My rear shaft is 18.25" long, and the stock front shaft had to be shortened to 39.25". I'll pick them up and install them tomorrow. I pulled off the vacuum lines to the 4x4 disconect motor and pulled the cover off. I slid the color to keep it engaged in 4x4, moved the fork to hold things in place and bolted it back up. I took a pic of the shafts and collar (moved out of the way for the pic) for those of you who haven't seen it before.

I put the hood up and removed the radiator and AC condensor. I'm giving my AC system away, and the radiator is packed with mud so badly that 'Gator overheats running down the highway [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I'll be removing the fan too and installing the electric fan and tranny cooler when I put the radiator back in.

While I was in the engine bay, I thought it would be nice to clean up the rats nest a bit. Since the computer is out of the loop and I dont require any of the old feed-back system, I started yanking some things. I also started to remove some of the AC system components. I removed the battery tray to get at all the wires that ran to the diagnostic modules, lamp driver, and relay switches there... I'm trying to sort out what wires to keep and what wires to cut out.

My friend Ryan is going to help me re-wire the whole engine bay tomorrow. Hopefully tonight I'll get to pick up a 258 York bracket as well [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 09:03 PM
onetuffcj

Re: Progress(?) pics (one thing leads to another!)

Holy smokes alot of loose wires!!!!!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 07:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Gees, Sycho. Always up to something! After this (these) project(s), you'll be ready for a break - perfect timing for the clear summer we've been having so far!

canis
'82 CJ-7/360/727/D300/cobra, M.O.R.E. shackles, 1/2" steel bumper, 1" body lift and lots of ideas!

'96 ZJ - 4.0L/42re/np242/optima/cobra and other goodies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Did I mention that I really want to have it on the road again by next weekend...in time for the Brooksfield Memorial Day Run? Guess I'll have to put off the 360 and D44 f/r swap until both time and money allow (I'm guessing July at the earliest). Ah well I gotta go, so much to do today!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 10:01 AM

Thats nothing canis, he wants unimog portal axles so bad he can taste them. We've been chatting about them for 2 weeks.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

http://home1.gte.net/rythem/davescj7.htm
"Get your finger outta there"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode