I got another Grand Waggie - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 08:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got another Grand Waggie

I just picked up an '88 Grand Waggie for $1800. Nice.

Does anyone have a spare Edlebrock Performer EGR intake and carb.

Jason

<font color=green>----------------</font color=green>
<font color=green>[]llll[] '90 YJ</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 08:40 PM
Veteran

Re: I got another Grand Waggie

when you find one, pick me up one too [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
what color is the waggy? we just got a '90 last month.
be sure to check out www.ifsja.org
-Mel

http://www.in2jeeps.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 09:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It is the dark blue color. Freshly painted everywhere except one of the back quarter panels near the gas tank filler, roof and tail gate. The rear quarter panel has a small ding and so does the roof. The tailgate is perfect, only needs paint. When I picked it up it had the paint, Mopar replacement stainless trimwork, and some extra woodgrain stuff. Everthing works including the infamous rear power window, except the passenger front window and all the power door locks. Absoultly no rust anywhere and no bondo, gotta love the south.

I got a friend that owns a paint and body shop and I took it by him to see what he thought. He told me that for $130 he would fix the dings, repaint it, and put the woodgrain back where it needs to be.

Vehicle has 187k on it, but had a rebuilt Jasper 360 and TF727 put in it 25k ago(has the invoices to prove it too). It runs strong and shifts solid. Going to give it a tune up and convert it to a TeamRush ignition w/ MSD to help in the gas mileage dept. Later on it will get the Edlebrock Performer Intake and carb. A Flowmaster and K&N will get in there somewhere too. Compresssion test came out great and the plugs wern't fouled either. The high pressure line from the AC compressor will have to be repaced and the system charged. We pinpointed the leak and when it had pressure the AC was cold, so I am not worried about fixing it.

This one will stay stock height for now and do daily driving duties, taking the boat to the lake and such.

Interior is perfect. Even has a working tape player, that will have to be repaced for a CD player(cus that is all I have)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

It really is a nice GW. Needs a little work, and that is why I got it so cheap. I am happy. Just sold my hulled out parts GW too[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

Jason

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 09:44 PM

I've got a stock 4bbl intake for it, if you need it. I just put a Performer on mine.

'86 CJ-7, 360, TFI, 727, OEM Dana 44 rear w/Truetrac, Dana 30 w/Powertrax No-Slip, 4" Superlift, 4:11s, Warn HS9500i
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 10:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What do you want for it?

Jason

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 11:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Post a pics of it. I traded for a 88 - white with the beautiful woodgrain? Got rid of a 89 S10 even. I havent seen it yet as it is a hometown trade and its been August 2000 since I've seen my house in TX.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 07:43 AM
Veteran

Sounds like a great deal! I wish I lived in the south for that reason! The one we got could use a new paintjob, it's white with the woodgrain. I'd like to either get it painted the "black cherry metallic" like this one I saw: (THIS IS NOT MINE)

or a champagne like this one:

Although, I don't think I'll splurge for the woodgrain again, because it is pricy, I think we'll probably get it painted on color.

We have a lift for it, but we have to get it off the J10 we have that is soon to go first.

BTW - I read someplace you can use a Ford Truck body lift as a body lift for the GW, you just dont use all the pucks.

Happy Jeepin'
-Mel

http://www.in2jeeps.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 10:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can't post any pics b/c our digital camera is in the Bahamas. My brother went fishing, so there went the camera for a while. Won't be able to get it back until next week sometime.

I have see that champagne one before, that would probably be my dream color for one. But second will be the dark metallic blue that is on this one, so I am happy with it.

So what about that intake, how much?

Jason

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 10:43 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Man, those are some sweet-lookin' Jeeps. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wish I had one of those too. Be cool for camping, carry more stuff than the YJ, sleep inside it staying out of the rain. hmmm..... ....DAMN, now I need another vehicle. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

You guys just really irritate me. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Pete

88 YJ - trails/beach trips only![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
79 4WD F250-hauler/tower of my toys
70 Jaguar E-type - the best car England ever made. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
90 Honda CRX - Daily pavement-pounder. 42 MPG. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode