Time to move again? I hope they leave the light on - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Time to move again? I hope they leave the light on

Well after months of 7 day work weeks, followed by weeks of doing almost nuthin but waiting,and working on the Jeep(and some wheelin), the Corporate Hiearchy has spoken."Multiple Nationwide Retail Stores(structures, TI's and Fixtures), and Minor Tenant structures,(with possible TI's to follow, 2 Street intersection improvements, Site work, Utilties and active (UP) railroad easement relocation" "Be in Union City, Ca, by Monday Morning 7:00 to direct the surveyors", "The Blue Prints and permits will be curriered to you at the jobsite Monday AM", " Construction Trailer must be mobilized and presentable, for a Corporate Management Meeting, by next Thursday".
Looks like my carefree days of beer swilling, and wrenching on the Jeep in the sun, are over. Ill be traveling tomorrow and friday, search for a place to live this weekend. Then back to the liesurely day to day routine of keeping on schedule.
Union City CA????
Never been there, but the map shows, its, on the Bay, between San Jose and Oakland.
Its been a while since Ive lived and worked in Ca. How are the CHP gonna treat me, with regaurds to my Jeep?
Anyone live in the area?
It looks like there is some decent wheelin fairly close in Hollister anyway, and its not to far from Rubicon, and all of my old favorite spots above Fresno. Looks like Ill be wheelin, a lot more with my old Yota buddies from Marlin.
Anyway, thats where Im going, if anyone from the area wants to get together and show me some trails,or have a beer, let me know.

Jeff
89 YJ
"I hope someone got a picture of that"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 06:10 AM
sas87yj

Re: Time to move again? I hope they leave the light on

yo jeff![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
yeah watch out for the chippers(chp's)
"dennisuelo" is from san jose there. he is installing an SYE/CV on his yj with already installed RE 4.5 lift. he has mentioned the hollister thing and pismo beach. take him out and see if you can find some rocks. yeah it's good to have the marines er i mean the surveyors enter the jobsite first to clear the way for the grunts and squids![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
i've surveyed many a construction jobs from malls to sub-divisions to highways to bridges to damns and tunnels...... am trying to do mostly boundary work now days with GPS. not always able to pick your work but doesn't hurt to try![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] am currently surveying 20 miles of papago indian reservation boundary here in tucson area. just finished some 30 miles of boundary in the sacaton mtns in casa grande.
good luck on the new project- hope the plans are decent.
don't let us jeepers down against the yotas![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
will you miss vegas?

steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode